It was only open for one day! Mayor bemoans visitors who left Bang Saen beach covered in trash

webfact

11 minutes ago, andre47 said:

This trash was washed from the sea. It was not thrown to this beach. The ocean is full of trash. Sometimes the current wash it to the beach.

I saw a documentary about the enormous amount of plastic in the ocean. There was a clip showing some uninhabited islands full of plastic debris washed up on the beaches.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Some people (Thais) on the Mayor's Facebook have also noted that it is garbage washed up from the ocean. Some say it's from the boats offshore and some say it's from villagers driving along a pier and throwing their trash in the water.

It should have been plainly obvious from the beginning that it wasn't trash from "vendors" after just a single day but you know politicians. Stick their foot in their mouth today, see the feedback, then blame someone else the next day.
(Or find a new bandwagon to jump on and hope it distracts everyone from what you said before.)

Note that in other photos of the area on the Mayor's facebook page, there is a TINY amount of trash shown in other places. Like an empty water bottle in a gutter, and empty plastic cup in a bag in another, a small white bag of trash on the edge of a walkway. In a dozen photos I saw enough to maybe fill a small garbage bag. And that's if you include the (ceramic pot they burn coal in and then cook on top of - not sure the proper name for that).

Then of course is the pics of the long line of garbage at the high tide mark.

Edited by Kerryd

33 minutes ago, andre47 said:

This trash was washed from the sea. It was not thrown to this beach. The ocean is full of trash. Sometimes the current wash it to the beach.

It must be intelligent trash which knows where it belongs to. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

This is a picture of one of the most remote, uninhabited islands in the world. Henderson Island is located in the SouthEast Pacific, thousands of miles from any large human settlement.

591dd90e34911b1a008b4b05-750-500.jpg

Now obviously this litter did not accumulate overnight, but it does show the dismal condition of our oceans.

It does make you wonder if Robinson Crusoe had been written today, what would Man Friday be called:

Man, what mess?

Biffa Group?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JWRC said:

I don't know this beach but a lot of that rubbish looks like it has been washed up by the tide. However I do have a question, are rubbish bins available anywhere? I live in a different province, but there are no rubbish bins to be found anywhere, not even in shopping malls, so just where are folks supposed to put rubbish. 

You'll have to walk to a 7 Eleven. They're the only company I know providing rubbish bins nationally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

Farang's did this!  

Even if  only one  was on the beach Nana nanananeaw would be writing it  up with as much gusto as  possible, BMW  interceptors on standby and Anutin issuing the last rites  to said  lowlife filth, scum, etc etc.

Locals would be out with their catapults to sort him out, forget the stoning.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

until people are fined on the spot they won't change.

Incorrect, until  people are  physically made to pay on the spot, nothing  will change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andre47 said:

now that's comforting, phew! I found solace in these words...

Edited by pattayadude