It was only open for one day! Mayor bemoans visitors who left Bang Saen beach covered in trash

webfact

5 minutes ago, bodga said:
58 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

until people are fined on the spot they won't change.

Incorrect, until  people are  physically made to pay on the spot, nothing  will change.

I take it that would include the option to 'phone a friend' and have someone turn up with the wonga.

We once had a foreign customer in our GoGo who came in very drunk, bought one beer and drank it, but had no cash to pay. He just sat there grinning, assuming he'd be thrown out.

We always refused to encourage cheating, so the staff went through his pockets. He had a bank book with hundreds of thousands of Baht in the account, but no money.

Next step step, call the police - yes over 100 Baht - they arrested him and took him to the police station. Within an hour his friend turned up at our bar with the 100 Baht.

47 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You'll have to walk to a 7 Eleven. They're the only company I know providing rubbish bins nationally.

Well, there we go, most countries have rubbish bins literally everywhere and these are emptied daily by shire/council workers, subcontractors or rangers in national parks.

In Australia and places like Singapore there are fines for littering and no excuse for it as there is always a bin handy. Just another area that needs attention if Thailand wants to present as a desirable destination.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

I think the Mayor needs new glasses, it is clear that most of that rubbish was deposited by the high tide.

Well the high tide simply threw back what had been thrown into it when low! Likely traders threw it into the sea not so far from their patch. Seen them do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

This trash was washed from the sea. It was not thrown to this beach. The ocean is full of trash. Sometimes the current wash it to the beach.

The beach was clean, when it was closed off for the public. The trash will somehow have to be thrown into the sea, before it can be washed up on the beach!

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 2

""They swear at us when we fine them," he said, "but I'm going to keep doing that until you learn to be neat and tidy"." ...good. ????

Mind you, if Covid has taught me one thing for sure, it's that this world is better off without humans on it, Sad, but true. ????

I went to bang saen once and would never go again. Sitting on the beach was like being on a tip. It wasn't washed in, the photo could be the result of the tide on their littering, it was pure laziness. Discarded food bags and trays. That's my daughter sat amongst the trash. The Thais are welcome to that beach.

FB_IMG_1588920249208.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andre47 said:

This trash was washed from the sea. It was not thrown to this beach. The ocean is full of trash. Sometimes the current wash it to the beach.

Spot on, they need to learn to tell it how it really is, undoubtedly it's trash thrown into the sea elsewhere by uncaring farangs, that's since washed-up and ruined beautiful Bang Saen beach.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

"People still haven't changed their bad habits", he said. "Their mouths say they want it clean but their actions are different".

Oh Please, invite the Health Minister Khun Anutin down for a walk on the beach and a dose of Thai reality before he shoots of his mealy mouth about farangs again!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Most of the mayor's anger was directed against traders who he said talked about wanting a clean beach but who didn't clear up after themselves.

mayor's got a beef with the beach traders?..guess the brown envelopes stopped since the traders stopped trading after beach closures

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I saw a documentary about the enormous amount of plastic in the ocean. There was a clip showing some uninhabited islands full of plastic debris washed up on the beaches.

Bali

plastic1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are not far away for the last 2 months, the trash washes up on shore everyday.  We pick up 3 garbage bags worth every morning we go out.  The trash is coming from the ocean, some of it has barnacles on it.  I think trash is being dumping in mass in the ocean and washing back on shore.

1 minute ago, chiman said:

The trash is coming from the ocean, some of it has barnacles on it.  I think trash is being dumping in mass in the ocean and washing back on shore.

Took the Cat to Koh Tao once and we slowed and I am thinking, surely that island isn't my destination. No, it was an island of floating trash in the middle of the gulf. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

I think the Mayor needs new glasses, it is clear that most of that rubbish was deposited by the high tide.

Exactly. Probably same way he got his 'job'. Hand picked from the washed up flotsam and jetsam of applicants!!!! ????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

At least we know where high tide is now.

Also look at the photo, anyone spot any trash barrels/containers on the beach ?  I can never find one so lug a plastic bag with junk back to my car to throw away when I find one. Many will not do that. Common mayor make it easy have  trash containers readily axcessable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Exactly. Probably same way he got his 'job'. Hand picked from the washed up flotsam and jetsam of applicants!!!! ????????????????????????????????

The Mayor is, um, "connected". His brother is the Mayor of Pattaya. Another brother is the President of the Chon Buri Association (and owner of the Chon Buri football team I think) and their father was known as the "Godfather of Chon Buri".

I did at first think it as tidal rubbish but surely those reporting it can tell the difference? By all means castigate the traders if it theirs , if otherwise, they are not guilty on this occasion - But can take thousands of previous offences into consideration!

• Like 1

He is still right.

The earth is just too precious for us humans.

We just do not have the brains to look after it properly,

Just maybe with the cruiseliners not frequenting these shores at present & less speedboats running around the rubbish may diminish a little

7 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The Mayor is, um, "connected". His brother is the Mayor of Pattaya. Another brother is the President of the Chon Buri Association (and owner of the Chon Buri football team I think) and their father was known as the "Godfather of Chon Buri".

S..t!! That is a big pile of Flotsam and Jetsam!!????????????????????????????????

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Surprised they dont have a towed beach rake, would clean it up in no time.

What!!?? That would mean the Mayor spending money, then bang goes his holiday.