Airport agency urges passengers to update info before making travel plans

webfact

Airport agency urges passengers to update info before making travel plans

By The Nation

800_d935ab6ab92b753.jpg?v=1588918282

The Department of Airport has asked passengers to stay updated on information before travelling, as six provinces still impose 14-day mandatory quarantine.

The department said that as of May 7, four airlines -- Nok Air, Thai Air Asia, Thai Lion Air, and Thai Viet Jet Airlines -- have opened for service at 14 airports: Lampang, Mae Sot, Buri Ram, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Phitsanulok, Roi Et, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Krabi.

Passengers have been advised to get the latest information before travelling to six provinces -- Phitsanulok, Buri Ram, Udon Thani, Trang, Krabi, and Nakhon Si Thammarat -- as travellers have to be quarantined for 14 days, while Nakhon Phanom allows only passengers to enter the airport terminal. Foreigners can enter these provinces if they have permission from the provincial governor.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387510

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-08

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners can enter these provinces if they have permission from the provincial governor.

As if foreigners fell from the sky yesterday, and they were not in Thailand for weeks.

Racist c#nts.

Why does this matter for domestic travel?

Basically no one  foreigner or local- has been coming into Thailand for weeks!

If I am a resident in Bangkok, travelling to Chiang Mai...I have to go into 2 weeks quaranteen?

This country is a basket case!

4 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

...If I am a resident in Bangkok, travelling to Chiang Mai...I have to go into 2 weeks quaranteen?...

I see a mandatory quarantine mentioned only for these six provinces:

Phitsanulok, Buri Ram, Udon Thani, Trang, Krabi, and Nakhon Si Thammarat

But check the latest situation before booking your flight to Chiang Mai as things can change from one minute to the next.