Pattaya beach-goers threatened with 100,000 baht fines and imprisonment

webfact

8 hours ago, bangrak said:

You must have "missed" my #71 that was just the next post below it, but I guess that one didn't give you the opportunity for this blah-blah.

Maybe your "My fear as an expat living in Pattaya ..."?

As an "Alien" here, watch out for- and avoid contact with- every authorithy in Thailand is a very sound piece of advice, no doubt. But when you feel the need to "fear" the authorities whatever, maybe, IMHO, there could be more "comfortable" places for your kind of person...

About little-me your guess would be both right and wrong: right that I have learned to keep myself at a safe distance (read above), wrong as I am in Thailand, not that far from you.

I'm not "a tough guy" at all, but let us better not make an appointment, as I have histamine problems, and I ...fear having an allergic reaction to you, even at 1.5m. with a mask. 

If you are in Thailand, how are you “at a safe distance” from what your despised Thai authorities could do to you here?

9 hours ago, Dazauz said:

I have to say, I don't go much to Pattaya but it has to be one of the worst beaches in Thailand, the question to locals is do you really use it, miss? 

Tosh.... worst Beach in Thailand, quite a ridiculous thing to say. A lot of work as been put into improvement. It looks quite good, and hopefully will remain so if they clean it and keep moving sand around. 

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no second wave of Covid. There will not be a second wave. Covid is dead here. It is gone. What, 40 cases in the past week? Three deaths? Let it go. No reason to continue with repressive and egregious tactics, after the fact. Let the people get on with their lives. Stop the panic. Imprison guys like Dr. Jaras, who are inciting panic with their dire warnings of a second wave.

Well said.   I had confidently written about it since late February that Thailand have the advantage to tackle the virus spread, so are all South East Asia countries solely due to geographical location.    

I had last swim here on Dongtan Beach April 3, 2020.  At the time I left the beach that day,

two helicopters  ( real one,  not drone )  had flown along the coast in the survey mission. 

Hours later,  the closing order had came down. 

The authority had made up their mind of closing the beaches for whatever reason.  

Now, the only worthy talk  is WHEN the beaches will be re-open.  JUNE 1, 2020   OR NOT  ? 

A drone just flew over my house in Naklua. They said in Thai that foreigners have to pay 100,000 baht and Thais between 5,000 - 20,000 baht. There were about 200 Thais on the beach who had to leave. As far as I could see, no fines were given.

18 hours ago, thailien8 said:

If you are in Thailand, how are you “at a safe distance” from what your despised Thai authorities could do to you here?

I leave you the responsibility of your qualification of the Thai authorities, not mine, their country... And when you don't understand what I mean with "a safe distance", I guess there might be a thing or two you might still need to learn about here, ...by yourself.

End of "conversation" with you for what I am concerned, I waste my time on you, and don't like your attitude on top of it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Tosh.... worst Beach in Thailand, quite a ridiculous thing to say. A lot of work as been put into improvement. It looks quite good, and hopefully will remain so if they clean it and keep moving sand around. 

Yes.  Some are clueless.

Walked it today.  I have never seen the beach look so good.

The work they did to add more sand area is fantastic.  5 times bigger then before.

Add, the mostly finished but continuing improvement of the walkway and the water drain construction.

The place sorry to disappoint naysayers, is looking pristine now.  So much much better. Jomtien looks like a hole compared to Pattaya beach now.

20200510_155144.jpeg

20200510_184409.jpg

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

Great sign, it could be posted year round to keep people off the sand and catching one of the many infectious deceases that are prevalent there.

The sign could save lots of sickness and hospitalization from people entering the death zone.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, berrec said:

Great sign, it could be posted year round to keep people off the sand and catching one of the many infectious deceases that are prevalent there.

The sign could save lots of sickness and hospitalization from people entering the death zone.

How many people do you know who have been infected by the sand 

then become sick and be hospitalized because of that ?

Pattaya beach a death zone? Are you serious? 

Way off the mark to prevent a second wave when the Thai climate is perfect to slow the virus, as seen by the infection/mortality figures, when the science says that the sun prevents the virus from spreading, the beach with the sea and its breeze is probably the healthiest place to be , not in your rooms where most infection are actually occurring

So punitive also is the message, we are in this together , why not allow people on the beaches to enjoy and strengthen their immune systems but protect the elderly and weak, the true victims of the virus..