Pattaya beach-goers threatened with 100,000 baht fines and imprisonment

webfact

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

The sign is consistent with how they feel who is spreading the virus and the amount is another.  You think the majority of Thais can afford the fine even if they had it the standard for them would be 100 baht.

Only for those who don't read the article properly in the link.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Maybe because ex-pat old farts and stranded tourists are the main offenders. This should stop "encroachment" onto beaches

As would this

image.png.a96155c312570cd363c9955c780ef3ad.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, meechai said:

You are not in the Land of Logic

You are in the time warp known as "No Tink Too Mutt"

That aside you can tell your grandchildren you once saw a virus so bad they had to close the ocean ????

You could also tell your grandchildren that that was in line with the policies of many other countries in the same situation.

20 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I am curious if Thais have to pay this too. I guess not because they will say "I can´t understand the English sign".

Since when has a local authority been given the power as to who goes on the beach. The beach does not belong to the local Authority and has no power over it, Its classed as no man's land internationally, and is free for people to go on it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Sujo said:

And the sign is wrong. It should be may be, not will be imprisoned. Its not up to police or council to decide.

Correct, the beaches do not belong to the authorities.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:
46 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Who said that anyone has been fined B50,000-100,000?  I sure didn't.

The topic is about a 100,000 Baht fine. At least a French man has to pay a 50,000 Baht bail. 

The topic is about a fine up to B100,000.  You'll find that the French man didn't, ultimately.

20 hours ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I saw the Pattaya PD having a big press conference on the beach this morning in front of Topp down by the Teddy Museum showing off their drone to the media....

Gathering on the beach??? Did they get imprisoned?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Since when has a local authority been given the power as to who goes on the beach.

You know that you are in Thailand? If the local authority fines you, you can go to court and complain. Good luck with it.

1 minute ago, Percy P said:

Since when has a local authority been given the power as to who goes on the beach. The beach does not belong to the local Authority and has no power over it, Its classed as no man's land internationally, and is free for people to go on it.

Well I could give some helpful references to clarify but as this is strictly subjects that pertain to Pattaya and any posts, helpful or not, are removed if they reference elsewhere. The point is these abuses of power are happening almost everywhere at the moment, that's what one video which was removed was about. The other video was related to Sweden's success story, they had no lockdown,  but for some reason it's not relevant.

13 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I'm losing the will to live reading some of the comments on this forum

Has it maybe occurred to you that there may be signs in Thai to? But the photographer didn't take one or if he did TV didn't use it?

Don’t worry,we’re also losing the will for you to live... ???? 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, baansgr said:

Last night around 7.30pm....many couples and groups on Jomtien beach drinking....it's either close the beaches or ban the booze...take her pick

Well there you go then! The minority who break the rules make the majority suffer.

Boozing on the beach at this time of restrictions is pure stupidity. Pattaya areas should think themselves lucky that alcohol sales are allowed. There are three Provivinces where the alcohol ban still stands. The people there I believe are abiding by the rules and regulations. Because of the stupid and couldn't care a less attitude of some people, it would be fair justice if both beach access and alcohol were banned. Rules are rules (like them or not) break them and take the consequences.

the police station is just across the road from the beach so easy pickings for a fine.i imagine the town is empty anyway,Is the fine for walking on the sand or sitting in the sun on the cement benches.also the beach vendors have all left until the lockdown is finished with.

So who is using the beach now anyway,not the thais and the expats probadly not

OK signs are in various languages but not in woof: surely the dogs roaming the beach are a concern.

[Opportunity for joke;

Dog goes into a telegraph office and asks to send a message. Operator says "certainly sir, what do you wish to say?" Dog writes down the message 'woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof' and gives to the Operator. Operator says "Thank you sir, but that is only nine words; you can have one more woof for the standard price!'. And the dog says:

"Don't be ridiculous; that would not make any sense."

Oh I am bored .... so bored

pattaya beach with dog.jpg

• Haha 2