Phone operators report 50% drop in top-up revenue

Phone operators report 50% drop in top-up revenue

By THE NATION

800_e778b228b8e6e36.jpg

Mobile operators True, Dtac and AIS say top-up revenue from prepaying customers has dropped 50 percent during the Covid-19 crisis, as people have less cash in their pockets, said Takorn Tantasith, secretary-general of the Office of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC).

The drop in revenue comes at a time when telecom operators need to find the money to pay NBTC for their 4G and 5G licences in July, October and December.

However, the telecoms companies have not called on NBTC for assistance, so the office has not yet come up with any measures, said Takorn. He added that remedial measures are necessary for telephone, radio and TV operators.

He also said that the telecom operators earned little in April because many customers were affected by the Covid-19 lockdown and had no money to pay them.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387524?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-08

Ok Sam i will explain it to you. If you prepay your phone, you use your credit when away from home or a known usable wifi point. If i am at home i will speak to people via Line, whatsapp, Messenger and not have to pay anything, because i will use wifi and the internet. So no need to topup the credit as often.

• Like 1