Eat to boost immunity, protect lungs, says doctor

snoop1130

You should be thankful the junta did react with overkill it was that saved numerous lives and "aparantly "limited the deaths to 54 if you believe that 

In uk our useless government reacted in the usual way and did almost nothing for ages and then recorded 31000 + bodies and no sign of it slowing down yet still 600+every day so which aproach has worked better ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rickudon said:

What on earth is a paranut? Wish peoplw would yse a zpellchequer ......

Paranuts is another name for Brazil nuts (although they are not nuts but seeds).

On 5/9/2020 at 12:10 PM, Moonlover said:

I live in a village, not on a farm. But that hasn't always been the case. I've lived in many different environments in a number of different countries.

It's always been the same with me, no matter where I am. I always seem able to brush aside any pathogens that are doing the rounds at the time. I cannot recall ever having the flu.

Sounds like my missus with her driving...never had an accident, but probably caused many.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2020 at 10:33 PM, travelling wilbury said:

You should be thankful the junta did react with overkill it was that saved numerous lives and "aparantly "limited the deaths to 54 if you believe that 

In uk our useless government reacted in the usual way and did almost nothing for ages and then recorded 31000 + bodies and no sign of it slowing down yet still 600+every day so which aproach has worked better ?

UK has a similar death toll to four other European countries.

To suggest proactive measures are responsible for low numbers in Thailand is a joke - this is partly down to pure dumb luck - it was far from clear how things would pan out two months ago, but more specifically, it has to be due to climate related factors. The disease hasn't taken hold anywhere in the tropics the way it has in the west, and it's baffling this obvious fact continues to be overlooked. 

On 5/9/2020 at 5:10 PM, rickudon said:

What on earth is a paranut? Wish peoplw would yse a zpellchequer ......

Para nuts do not only contain a lot of protein and fat but also have many mineral nutrients such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium. When sold as nature provides them, in the shell, para nuts have a long life and can serve any time as tasty and healthy meal between meals with high nutritional value.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, Moonlover said:

Nonsense, you are allowed out. There's been nothing stopping you from going out for a walk. I have been out every day.

Besides which, you can also exercise in the home.

Not the same as having a WALK though

• Confused 1

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/men-high-levels-enzyme-key-230645532.html

By Kate Kelland

LONDON (Reuters) - Men's blood has higher levels than women's of a key enzyme used by the new coronavirus to infect cells, the results of a big European study showed on Monday -- a finding which may help explain why men are more vulnerable to infection with COVID-19.

Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) is found in the heart, kidneys and other organs. In COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus, it is thought to play a role in how the infection progresses into the lungs.

The study, published in the European Heart Journal, also found that widely-prescribed drugs called ACE inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) did not lead to higher ACE2 concentrations and should therefore not increase the COVID-19 risk for people taking them.

ACE inhibitors and ARBs are widely prescribed to patients with congestive heart failure, diabetes or kidney disease. The drugs account for billions of dollars in prescription sales worldwide.

"Our findings do not support the discontinuation of these drugs in COVID-19 patients," said Adriaan Voors, a professor of cardiology at the University Medical Center (UMC) Groningen in The Netherlands, who co-led the study.

The COVID-19 pandemic has infected more than 4 million people worldwide and killed almost 277,000, according to a Reuters tally. Death and infection tolls point to men being more likely than women to contract the disease and to suffer severe or critical complications if they do.

Analysing thousands of men and women, Voors' team measured ACE2 concentrations in blood samples taken from more than 3,500 heart failure patients from 11 European countries.

The study had started before the coronavirus pandemic, the researchers said, and so did not include patients with COVID-19.

But when other research began to point to ACE2 as key to the way the new coronavirus gets into cells, Voors and his team saw important overlaps with their study.