image.png.9a05c25703a4d444ea06fb6693e80528.png

The Cave Bar started as a simple concept: an extension of my living room for all locals and travellers. My goal was to provide a home away from home for those travelling through my hometown. 

Over the years, The Cave Bar has turned into a hotspot in Chiang Dao.

If you have ever visited you will know that The Cave Bar is not your average bar – it’s a shared space where lifelong friendships and unforgettable evenings are made! 

However, due to the restrictions caused by COVID-19, The Cave Bar is currently closed, facing a great deal of uncertainty. With your support, The Cave Bar can get...Read More

You can donate and support The Cave Bar here:

https://www.weeboon.com/en/campaign/help-support-the-cave-bar

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

I guess if the residential neighbors enjoy having a bar in their midst and see the value of it to enhance their community, they would be the first to give charity to keep this business going. But there may also be neighbors who are happy to see a bar fail that seems to have slowly wedged its way into their community. It will be interesting to see if people see this bar as the special place the owners have portrayed it to be or just another one of the thousands of bars that are in financial trouble. I wonder if other venues in financial trouble will take a "charity channel" approach to surviving.

Edited by Inn Between

"it’s a shared space where lifelong friendships and unforgettable evenings are made! "

So shouldn't be a problem to get some money from them then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, taninthai said:

Embarrassing to see a western owned place begging for money!

who owns this weebon platform ???? Is it yourself as you have spammed the forum with it and I see they make 5% commission.

considering it’s also low season now so you wouldn’t have any customers now anyway.

i run a business here we have been closed for 6 weeks still keeping and paying 2 staff and have daily running costs,,I wouldn’t dream of begging for me to keep us afloat.

FYI, Weeboon is a private Thai company owned by both Thai and Foreign shareholders.

Also, please note that Weeboon and The Cave Bar are totally unrelated entities.

Last but not least, these campaigns are not posted as "spam" on the forum as this very Charity & Fund Raising - Helping Each Other section is the result of an official partnership between Weeboon and Thaivisa, who offered to create this forum in order to give visibility to those in need as stated in this thread.

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, Weeboon Happiness Team said:

Last but not least, these campaigns are not posted as "spam" on the forum as this very Charity & Fund Raising - Helping Each Other section is the result of an official partnership between Weeboon and Thaivisa, who offered to create this forum in order to give visibility to those in need as stated in this thread.

Then you should do a better job of selecting the "charities" you choose to make visible here, as this one does not shed a very positive light on your efforts.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

To date they have received Bt43,000 of the their Bt.50,000 target !!

In contrast though the Rice Challenged has only received Bt.9,000 of a Bt.100,000 target.

Pretty sad state of affairs.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, timendres said:

Then you should do a better job of selecting the "charities" you choose to make visible here, as this one does not shed a very positive light on your efforts.

Please note that Weeboon is an open donation-based crowdfunding platform.

Donation-based crowdfunding means that donors make donations without expecting anything in return other than the satisfaction of having contributed towards something they feel is worthwhile. It is typically used by individuals for personal or social causes, not-for-profit organizations, and art projects for example, to raise money.

For more information, please refer to our FAQ.

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Weeboon Happiness Team said:

Donation-based crowdfunding means that donors make donations without expecting anything in return other than the satisfaction of having contributed towards something they feel is worthwhile.

Some of us do not feel this is worthwhile for anyone but the receivers of the donations (which seems to include your shareholders - or is my understanding wrong and you are providing everything donated to stated cause?).  That you are using a forum where people are donating their time and efforts free of change makes it even less palatable.  

• Thanks 1