What is this?

Captor

Hi,

Is it possible to disable this? Please see attached picture. I shows everytime when I click on a link in the newsletter. It is very annoying

since it takes up a lot of space on the actual webpage.

Best Regards

Captor

(Andreas Wolter)

Disable this.jpg

You apparently have filters enabled that are blocking content, so only a semi-transparent box is left being displayed over the beginning of the thread topic page.

Most likely it's the remnants of the VDO,AI ad. 

Please see the Forum Support Desk thread:

11 hours ago, RichCor said:

You apparently have filters enabled that are blocking content, so only a semi-transparent box is left being displayed over the beginning of the thread topic page.

Most likely it's the remnants of the VDO,AI ad. 

Please see the Forum Support Desk thread:

Yes it look like to be some rests of some ad. I have used Ghostery ad blocker in Firefox in windows 10. If I use Ad blocker (name) instead the field don´t show up. But in the other hand there is the side effect that I can't answer any topics here ????

I guess I must find another ad blocker than the two mentioned above. Thai visa is so full with ads so it is almost impossible to read anything without.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captor said:

Yes it look like to be some rests of some ad. I have used Ghostery ad blocker in Firefox in windows 10. If I use Ad blocker (name) instead the field don´t show up. But in the other hand there is the side effect that I can't answer any topics here ????

I guess I must find another ad blocker than the two mentioned above. Thai visa is so full with ads so it is almost impossible to read anything without.

Look like uBlock origin works as well for taking away the ad but there is the same side effect that I can't answer on the topics. I wrote the topic RichCor. That is from march 2. Is that still going on?

Thaivisa is more or less useless now with all this ads. Almost impossible to read the actually topics in here. They have overdo the ads in my oppinion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Captor said:

Thai visa is so full with ads so it is almost impossible to read anything without.

True

i do not use any addblocker and half of my time on the forum

is used to basically close the multiples and invasives add windows.

More than annonying 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

True

i do not use any addblocker and half of my time on the forum

is used to basically close the multiples and invasives add windows.

More than annonying 

Yes, they are scaring away potentially new (and old) users which backlash on the purpose about ads. In the end no one here to read the ads.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RichCor said:

As you've gone and mentioned the magic forbidden word I now fully expect this entire thread to be wiped, and possibly it's participants to go missing.

Yes, probably..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1