E-Service MEA

Pravda

I always use MEA website to pay for my electric bill because I can actually pay it with my foreign credit card.

However, after 1 week of receiving my bill, the balance on the website still shows as zero? Before, the balance owing would show on the same day.

Anyone else?

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Something is weird with MEA and MWA bills currently.

I have lost track of the many posts/threads about MEA/PEA bill payment not possible, no due amount shown in the apps or the like.

One statement was that they would be up again on May 10 (tomorrow)?

48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, it's almost certainly to do with the covid-19 discounts and rebates.

Quite likely. Must be a nightmare for the IT folks to follow those short term ideas/changes in billing.

I was in the chit lom office of new on Thursday, hopefully resolving their incompetence on the security deposit refund.  The list of banks changed for the third time..she says it will work this time.  And she had every opportunity to explain the billing mess to me, and did not.  It ain't immigration by a longshot, but the question remains, why couldn't they just credit my account with them, like they did with the 11 THB in interest, they paid me?

12 hours ago, moontang said:

I was in the chit lom office of new on Thursday, hopefully resolving their incompetence on the security deposit refund.  The list of banks changed for the third time..she says it will work this time.  And she had every opportunity to explain the billing mess to me, and did not.  It ain't immigration by a longshot, but the question remains, why couldn't they just credit my account with them, like they did with the 11 THB in interest, they paid me?

Because of course the government is involved 

22 hours ago, dcgm said:

The app also currently shows as zero for me. If this is accurate it might update on the 12th?

The PEA bills are normally never released before the 16th every month. Before that there's no balance. They will adjust bills paid in April and refund money to people who did pay the bill when it was released. 

why couldn't they just credit my account with them, like they did with the 11 THB in interest, they paid me?

Because the current name on account may not be the name of person actually using.  Been there.  Opened in wife's median name, bank accounts in married name.  No way to fix in current online social distance world.

As said the MEA usage bills are being held until 12th or after (if they get calculators working).  

Edited by lopburi3

Update on app..note saying new bills will show on the 12th..

Question for aspiring accountants:. When they say they are basing it on February..do they mean the bill that came in February or the bill, which had the most days of February usage?  Or do they even know?

Screenshot_20200511-161242.png

Edited by moontang

Update

The amount showed om MEA web site.

Paper invoice amount was 1,691.01 while logging in to MEA the amout seems to be reduced to 1,115.41

Nice, but unless my math is wrong it seems to be a bit more than 30%

2 hours ago, Pravda said:

Update

The amount showed om MEA web site.

Paper invoice amount was 1,691.01 while logging in to MEA the amout seems to be reduced to 1,115.41

Nice, but unless my math is wrong it seems to be a bit more than 30%

It is your Feb bill minus three percent.  

Edited by moontang