Lawyer calls for suspension of police allegedly involved in kidnapping for ransom

rooster59

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Links to facts*, please, I am sure there are many Police who are feeling the pinch,

at this time,and will engage in anything to earn money,and you think there are

not new gangs of Police and civilians that are now operating in times like this.

regards Worgeordie 

Are you asking me for links to facts? Really???

How about you start with supporting your original comment first as you started. If you can do that, then I will give you the links you are asking for.

Seriously? When you are dreaming up a scenario from start. Just get a grip.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, generealty said:

Suspension ? Are they joking ?

no, that is typical Thailand, and I'm positive the most that will happen is they will be transferred to an inactive position.  

Back early 2000's the toll booth operators were stealing the toll money, what happened when caught, nothing moved to different department. Having a government job is a license to steal!

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

One of the victims, Nanthawat Op-orm, 36, said that he was stopped by a group of policemen while driving from Rayong to Bangphlee district in Samut Prakarn. “They searched my car but found nothing illegal, after which they brought me, my wife and our three children to a football stadium,” he said. “They tortured me and my wife, threatening to press a drug charge, and demanded that I gave them Bt100,000 in exchange for my family’s freedom.”

Whatever happened to "serve & protect" ?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

There are some plod here who will stop at nothing, just to get their grubby hands on cash.

If there is found to be truth in these allegations, not only suspend the police involved... Sack them.

Also prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

Sorry Colin, this is Thailand - it will never happen, delay for awhile and it will soon vanish forever. 

• Like 1

I'm becoming more aware of the historical tensions between the military and the police in this country. Part of the reason there is non-accountability in both branches is that the issue for them is not the rule of law, it's who is in the driver's seat. Usually it is the military, but Taksin showed it could be the other way around. So the reason each protects its own internally is that holding its own accountable would strengthen the other side, which is what they really don't want.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

They are self serving to acquire others wealth, and protecting their income.

Correct, "self serve & self protect".

Collecting funds for a nice lifestyle and fees for promotion, as you have to buy your way to the top, it's not given on the basis of career achievements.

I looks like the gang that use to kidnap tourist in the airport for 'stealing' in the duty free shops have moved to the highways. Hopefully they will be caught soon. It would be great if they kidnapped the wrong people. If you get my drift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Correct, "self serve & self protect".

Collecting funds for a nice lifestyle and fees for promotion, as you have to buy your way to the top, it's not given on the basis of career achievements.

if it was based on achievement, they would all still be ranked at the lowest level of incompetence...... 

37 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I looks like the gang that use to kidnap tourist in the airport for 'stealing' in the duty free shops have moved to the highways. Hopefully they will be caught soon. It would be great if they kidnapped the wrong people. If you get my drift.

or try and kidnap a hardened crim - they could end up permanently short of breath .....

20 hours ago, Youlike said:

A few years ago they also kidnapped a japanese businessman who went to another police station and got help there. After that i haven't heard anything about it..

"haven't heard anything about it.." And you probably won't.  I wonder if the Japanese business man got back to Japan....or is helping fertilise a banana plantation. 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, NCC1701A said:

whats the point of being a Thai policeman if you can't kidnap families and pimp out underage girls? 

Quite true, its not like they are capable of doing any thing like enforcing the law

Civilised is when the collective moral compass prevents people from doing to others what they would not want done to themselves.

The actions of Vikings are far in the past, but sometimes I wonder about the moral compass here.

Starting with risking other people's life to save a few minutes on the road.

Motorbikes making as much noise as possible, while people might want to sleep at different hours...

Guns and knives and machetes.

Kidnapping (Oh, I think only at the alleged level now, same as for those brown envelopes)

Scamming. (Oh, I heard this no longer existed here...)

STORIES like that, who don't make their way often to the media, keep

me thinking twice and thrice on staying in Thailand.

Thailand is doing great job in keeping it's dirt under the carpet

and hiding numbers of crime and pandemic, but the truth is

that since the military government took ober, it is getting

more and more dangerous every year.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:47 PM, colinneil said:

There are some plod here who will stop at nothing, just to get their grubby hands on cash.

If there is found to be truth in these allegations, not only suspend the police involved... Sack them.

is this an order? or are you talking to yourself?

you and me are just nobody farangs, if we'll get kidnapped 

they will propably throw us in some garbage can.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So welcome to Thailand. This is what you get: A junta based govt. Corruption at the highest levels of govt (e.g. Not my watches. I borrowed them from my dead friend). A corrupt judiciary. Corrupt police. Police kidnapping citizens. Corrupt armed forces. Just endemic corruption all round. The rich can kill or murder and not go to jail. Elections are fraudulant......etc. I'm sure we can all add to the list. Third world. What do you think?

not all third world is same same.

i think thailand is becoming one of the more dagerous third world countries, but

they still know how to hide it well, just like with the corona "success" numbers.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, saakura said:

These police kidnapping gangs have been operating since decades. Remember the top cop who kidnapped the jeweller who bought the diamonds stolen from the palace of the Saudi King by a Thai worker in the late eighties?

kidnapped - and killed him !!

got few years in jail and now he is "monk"

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

well you must have them ,if you know the facts,maybe part of the kidnapping gang,

seeing you have all this knowledge about what is going on in the Thai underworld,

You criticise my posts, but offer nothing tangible yourself except comments that

are distasteful and unnecessary, and i notice you do that often with other posters,

So have a nice day.stay safe,wash your hands regularly and wear a mask.

It was nice bantering with you,but now i have better things to do. bi

kind regards worgeordie

Now you went over to concentrate on me?? Totally off topic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2020 at 5:30 AM, NCC1701A said:

whats the point of being a Thai policeman if you can't kidnap families and pimp out underage girls? 

Maybe upholding the law, how strange now that might sound.

On 5/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, colinneil said:

What law?

• Confused 1