Myanmar man shot and stuffed in oil drum because he annoyed Thai villagers

rooster59

Myanmar man shot and stuffed in oil drum because he annoyed Thai villagers

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYyNS84MTI3OTYyL2JvZHlpbnRhbmsuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Thai villager has told police how he and four friends murdered a man from the Tai Yai ethnic group from Myanmar who was annoying them.

Hatthalap, 44, said that Saokham was alleged to have had sex with his mother. The chat was all over the village of Therd Thai in Chiang Rai in northern Thailand that Saokham was Hatthalap's mother's gik or fancy man.

For that and a host of other annoyances they decided to shoot him and stuff his body in a 200 liter oil drum. 

The drum was found floating in water on the mountain and Mae Fah Luang and provincial police soon solved the case.

Five people have been charged with premeditated murder.

They were taken on a reenactment of the crime to a body of water where they disposed of the body encased in a straw sack inside the drum.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-09

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

For that and a host of other annoyances they decided to shoot him and stuff his body in a 200 liter oil drum. 

Who need a “Sheriff” in that village. ????

• Haha 2

it always amazes me how someone's mother having fun is perceived as a personal affront.

in online games, other players often use "your mom" phrases intended as an insult, but seriously, my mom is 70, if she had fun, she clearly was on the winning side of the bargain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Hatthalap, 44, said that Saokham was alleged to have had sex with his mother. The chat was all over the village of Therd Thai in Chiang Rai in northern Thailand that Saokham was Hatthalap's mother's gik or fancy man.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Ultra low life and the living proof that some people do not need a brain to live and walk and talk ...

Go Covid go ... you have not finished your job yet ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

Good lesson here, know your place, admittedly there are Farang rules and Myanmar guy rules, but you step on the toes of a Thai, there will be consequences. Personally, I just let my SO take care of all that <deleted>, I'm quite happy to be known as the crazy Farang.

• Like 1

In this country disrespect, loss of face and other situations where the injured or slighted party feels he has no choice but to act and save they honor and standing and in particular in a village settings where every one knows every body this will escalate to extreme acts in a blink of an eye..

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Hold on. Grandma got some d... so her son kill the man?

Maybe the gik supported his mum with 10k per month.

Mum must have been age 60-75 so you can bet she was at least a 9 or 10, def a looker.

????

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

In this country disrespect, loss of face and other situations where the injured or slighted party feels he has no choice but to act and save they honor and standing and in particular in a village settings where every one knows every body this will escalate to extreme acts in a blink of an eye..

I suspect it was all about the massive 'loss of face'.  Many Thai people look down of The Tai Yai people and see them as inferior.  So if he was having a relationship with the Thai man's mother that would be a real loss of face for his family and him... much worse than just his mother having a fling with another Thai man.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Many Thai people look down of The Tai Yai people and see them as inferior.

And it's such a shame and awfully racist, considering they came from the same tribe once.

On a different note. So many Tai Yai girls are stunningly beautiful. Just go to Mae Hong Son and see for yourself....

As I recall - "matricide". Not socially accepted, I agree, but what goes on within the village community - illegal gambling, a bit of "nooky", drugs, child/domestic abuse ?? I would personally put them in an oil drum - scum!!!

Are these men Buddhists?

Someone remind me again what the very first Buddhist Precept is.

Maybe these killers are not Buddhists... or only pretend to be Buddhists.