jacuzzi turning on when electric reset

Does your Jacuzzi have a control box? Type and manufacturer would be handy. There may be a setting like your PC has in the BIOS for "action on power restore".

But the quick and simple "fix", turn off the breaker that controls the Jacuzzi when you're not using it. If there isn't a separate breaker you could add one for a small cost. A slightly larger cost would net you an RCBO which would improve the safety of your Jacuzzi as well if it doesn't already have one.

Thanks for your reply. I hope it is the first solution because we dont want to be bothered with turning on and off an added breaker every time we want to switch on the Jacuzzi. It is connected to a remote which I actually have connected to Alexa....

As you can see there is some Schneider equipment in there, Sylvania and the Posco scwitch remote (switch remote is for pool light and Jacuzzi).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

20200510_145212.jpg

I don't have the manual but I am  contacting some suppliers to see if they can send me a copy.... Hopeful but holding my breath on it. Would there be any other solutions perhaps for example involving the Schneider equipment in there or something?

Unfortunately they said the setting from the factory, is to turn on the appliance as the Power Fail State, and that it was set at the factory and cant be changed.

They suggested adding a UPS to avoid the problem. I wonder if that's a big job?

I just want to be able to continue to control the jacuzzi pump through a WIFI device (which I am now doing with Alexa, via a Broadcom universal remote that sends a signal to the Posco remote receiver).  As another solution, I wonder if I can just bypass the POSCO remote thing, and use a Wifi switch in there somwhere?

The Posco is an 4 channel RF switch, mainly for switching lights max 3x 1000W

Is with your Jacuzzi the whole thing turned on with the remote or only the halogen lights?

I can't trace the wiring in the photo but as this service box is custom made it is easily to be changed in what you want.

A main switch for the whole yacuzzi (which can be a simple as a breaker) before the electricity enters the system does the trick.

53 minutes ago, JakeR said:

Unfortunately they said the setting from the factory, is to turn on the appliance as the Power Fail State, and that it was set at the factory and cant be changed.

If that is really and always the case, the on-state after each power fail/cut.

Then it would turn on too with as mentioned above with a breaker/switch at the main input.

An additional switch can be realized by using the Posco and a relay switch connected to one of the three outputs, that when the relay is energized the Jazuzzi system is 'OFFLINE' and when turned 'off' on the remote controller the relay goes back in the rest state and the Jacuzzi turns on.

Just a method ????

They suggested adding a UPS to avoid the problem. I wonder if that's a big job?

How much current does the whole system use? It's a bit of clutter and that near water.. I wouldn't do that. But it's not impossible either, only feeding the wifi module as that is probably feeding the contactors beneath it..

I just want to be able to continue to control the jacuzzi pump through a WIFI device (which I am now doing with Alexa, via a Broadcom universal remote that sends a signal to the Posco remote receiver).  As another solution, I wonder if I can just bypass the POSCO remote thing, and use a Wifi switch in there somwhere?

I have a RF switch here, which turned on after a power fail. And another wifi (sonoff) did the same, while other didn't.

My advice:

Do use a real switch which you can use to turn off the system for real, and use the wireless in series for when you are around or not away for a long time.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I would be ditching the Posco for another remote switch, you should be able to get one that Alexa will talk to direct.

Wouldn't it also be possible by adding a relays, either NO or NC ?

I recall my automatic gate would open when power return after a power cut, and I think they sorted that with a relays

Just now, Susco said:

Wouldn't it also be possible by adding a relays, either NO or NC ?

I recall my automatic gate would open when power return after a power cut, and I think they sorted that with a relays

Yup, a couple of 220V relays to reverse the sense of the remote, then tell Alexa that on means off and Bob's your uncle.

I would probably do it that way. But I have the relays in stock and know what I need to do.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice guys. For the simplest solution:

If I tell the electrician who made the box, to "please add a relay which can solve the problem."

It will be sufficient? Or perhaps I need to be more specific about anything?

I would be simpler, "please fix the problem!". You could possibly add "would a relay do the job?" (I wouldn't).

As soon as you "tell" him what to do he will do something and then blame you for it not working.

When I tell Alexa to turn on or off the device it is non-binary. I can only tell her to turn it on only. Which then activates it to be either on or off depending on the current state.

Okay I guess I have to tell the electrician to just fix it and then I can mention relays may or may not help but I have no idea. This stuff is really over my head.