Foreigners arrested for swimming at beach in Pattaya

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Anyone found violating the order faces a fine of up to 100,000 baht or up to one year in jail.

100k is a Ukrainian yearly wage , so they can't afford the fines.  Enjoy your time in prison. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

who have been saving for months for a holiday in Thailand

I doubt they are here on a short holiday.  Probably retired and lives here most of the year. They should have known better. 

Edited by balo

9 hours ago, Paiman said:

Some people just follow any law blind. Simple minds that don't have the capacity to more in depth reflection. IT is the law…..f**ck...g idiots. Where is critical thinking?

In Victoria / Australia it is illegal to fly a kite.

In England at one stage it was illegal pretending to be a witch, but OK if you were one. There are many more of those laws.

Sometimes I encourage Civil disobedience, but this means that you have a more in depth thought process.

Yours is a shallow judgement with lots of hate in it.

So we will see you in the water today making your point?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All this does is make it more likely that less farangs will return in future. It's not going to save a single life from Corona.

Could it be that they want bad publicity so that farangs don't return to Pattaya, so the Chinese can have it all to themselves? 10 or 20 thousand would be a sufficient fine, but 100,000 is just barking IMO unless there is a reason for it to be so high.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Perspective..... apparently Thailand has allowed them to remain here in preference to their own countries, and they show their gratitude by ignoring the regulations. 

Regulations that are obviously crazy.

I'm not saying break the rules- even I obey the stupid rules as don't want to suffer even more, but lets not just accept them like sheeple. Let's at least point out they are stupid.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

It's not the one or two people at the beach. We all want to go to the beach. The problem that arises is when the few become hundreds and then thousands. Consider the big picture and what happens when crowds gather. This was demonstrated  by the mass spread of infections following spring break in Florida, and after february/march  holidays in the EU. Thailand is doing the right thing here. Try and look at the big picture. A little bit of downtime isn't the end of the world. let's consider the good of others. Pattaya has a very large population of at risk foreigners ( elderly with high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease) and it doesn't take much to kill them once Covid 19 hits.

What about when the Chinese hordes start to arrive again? Are you saying none of them will be carriers?

12 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Yes, I would take the same view to helmets.... it is the law.

When the helmet law passed, it was specifically written to benefit one manufacturer. The manufacturer just happened to be an MP. All other helmets were illegal. But then the Thai Bar Girls Association marched on parliament to protest. They refused to wear dirty helmets on their freshly sprayed 80's hair. So implementation was suspended till hair trends were more favorable. And of course the take over of insurance companies by foreign interests after the financial crisis. Got to milk the concession, like bar girls.

12 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

After all media attention + big signs everywhere + a warning ...still they didn't leave the water?How stupid can they be?

Let them get a hefty fine. Can't help stupid people.

And....the warning in Cyrillic too ! They can't claim they couldn't read it

13 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

They will never go back here again...and back home their case will get media attention and discouraging others from visiting.. 

Well that is a good result then... a few less Russians.

You don't think it might discourage fellow countrymen from breaking the law ?     Discouraging other law breakers from visiting is not a bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SidJames said:

We can only thank our lucky stars that these lunatics were caught when they were.

I can't imagine how many people would how died if they had been allowed to swim as they pleased.

Hopefully with these criminals locked up we get to live another day.

Sarcasm at its finest I see.....tell us how you really feel ????

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

wonder how many motorcyclists riding without a helmet passed the Police officers while they arrested this couple.

Isn't it supposed to be illegal for passengers to travel in the back of a pickup? (but often ignored).

We try to stop virus spread. 

Helmet not important. Wear a mask.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

We try to stop virus spread. 

Helmet not important. Wear a mask.

26,000 people 'declared' killed on the roads in Thailand last year approximately.

55 people exactly 'declared' dead from the virus.

I know where my priorities would be & not forgetting those road deaths are year & year now.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Stories of locals transgressing though are surprisingly (LOL) infrequent and you can take your own conclusions from why we heard about this one.

False narrative.

TVF news team always choose story about foreigner. 

99% of thai news talk about people break the corona rule is about Thai people.

Regardless, demonising the very people you need to come back in numbers

We not want foreigner now. Fight corona is important. Protection the Thai people. Not racist. Is sensible. UK copy us now. 

Tourist welcome back when no have corona.

This people this story is Russian. Usually TVF not like Russian, but you support them now? Hmmmm

*thankyou new word “demonising”.

Ps My dic use the “z”, not “s” spell it. 

• Sad 2

Just now, SidJames said:

26,000 people 'declared' killed on the roads in Thailand last year approximately.

55 people exactly 'declared' dead from the virus.

I know where my priorities would be & not forgetting those road deaths are year & year now.

Ok. 

Thailand attitude “Up to you/me” 

If I not wear my helmet, I die. Up to me. Not your business.

If I not wear mask, I can kill old people, spread it. = selfish

You understand? Is different right?

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Ok. 

Thailand attitude “Up to you/me” 

If I not wear my helmet, I die. Up to me. Not your business.

If I not wear mask, I can kill old people, spread it. = selfish

You understand? Is different right?

Road deaths are caused by bad driving for the most part not helmuts or lack of them though of course many would live if they did wear helmuts.

There are many multiple deaths here caused by bad driving & not someone who doesn't wear a helmut

• Like 1