Foreigners arrested for swimming at beach in Pattaya

8 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

FYI - The warning sign does not appear to have any Russian translation!

The entire third line is in Russian.............so now what, and it says it very clearly

p1.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomhurst123 said:

Went to na jomtien beach today looks open but not sure, has quite a few people there

I think you have to go to Na Jomtien to escape from the new beach police......I noticed they even had some beach spies keeping a eye on some of the smaller beaches north of Pattayas main beach......I was going to take quick dip but changed my mind... 

• Like 1

There's plenty of beaches to choose from if you live east of Pattaya. I would think in Na Jomtien and Sattahip most of them are open.  

On 5/11/2020 at 10:07 AM, ThailandRyan said:

What does not make sense is the fact that people, no matter if they agree or not, do not follow rules and regulations.  You can not fix stupid.  In your view the virus can not transcend the sand hence its ok for you to use the beach even though the officials have passed a regulation for not using the beach and it is posted.  Do I have that right? you would not give a F about regulations and would just do as you please.  Sounds like the entitlement attitude.

Sorry, I missed the part where I said that the order to stay off the beach should be flouted.

I was merely comenting on the rationale behind the regulation.

And people should definitely question irrelavent or unjust legislation, except there is no proper mechanism to do so in light of these emergency rulings.

Especially in thailand.

As I have said before, I comply, but why should I not question?

How can it possibly make sense to allow people to jog in a park but not swim at the beach?

Or for that matter, simply from a pecieved threat perspective enter a 7 11 but not play tennis?

The fact of the matter is that people, foreign and thai are sick to death of this clampdown, and covid prevention has become little better than a theatre of compliance.

I bet if you were to be able to measure it, the incidence of things like hand santizing have declined in private as perceived threat of covid declines.

I certainly witness far more laxity in the usage of masks on the street in my daily bike rides.

The restrictions cannot continue indefinitely, people need to continue to live despite the virus.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, Yinn said:

1000-10???? 99%?

Farang culture? Is why so much moan, groan, complain, criticize, whine on TVF. 

Thai culture not like complain the problem to your friends. better talk about happy and fun, joke and laugh, dance and sing. Be happy.

????

I was just repeating a saying. 

But the saying is absolutely true.