Marriage extension

Ok, so I'm not clear this . For extensions based on marriage the immigration website says no need to do until I believe July 31.  My extension is due in the beginning of july ....money in the bank already seasoned , ect .....my question is:  I cant do until july 31 or I dont have to do until July 31....to be honest I would prefer to get it done asap if possible and avoid the mess cheang wattana will in the beginning of august....any clarification should be most appreciated....

I will do my 1 year extension....what I want to know is will they let me do it on time or do I have to wait until after july 31? ...its set to expire beginning of July and I had wanted to apply mid june . 

On the same subject,

Do the passport photo copies need to be across the page (Opening the passport in portrait) or down the page, Open the passport in landscape?

Whilst I am here can someone explain the "re-entry" procedure to me? do they stamp it in your passport when you get the extension? I have never done this before so haven't a clue.

Across.docx Down.docx

12 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

On the same subject,

Do the passport photo copies need to be across the page (Opening the passport in portrait) or down the page, Open the passport in landscape?

That depends if your IO have a particular preference in how your documents are displayed.

I used to copy two pages of my Passport on one A4 page.

This year my IO want one passport page of every page across per A4 sheet, (in black and white) allowing room for their stamp underneath which you sign within the box as a certified copy of the original.

18 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

Whilst I am here can someone explain the "re-entry" procedure to me? do they stamp it in your passport when you get the extension? I have never done this before so haven't a clue.

As well as the completed TM7 for your extension application, also complete a TM8 for a re-entry permit.

Single entry 1,000 BHT, multiple entry 3,800 BHT.

The re-entry permit will be stamped in your Passport, stating 'single' or 'multiple' with the expiry date, which should be the same as your permission of stay date stamp.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That depends if your IO have a particular preference in how your documents are displayed.

I used to copy two pages of my Passport on one A4 page.

This year my IO want one passport page of every page across per A4 sheet, (in black and white) allowing room for their stamp underneath which you sign within the box as a certified copy of the original.

As well as the completed TM7 for your extension application, also complete a TM8 for a re-entry permit.

Single entry 1,000 BHT, multiple entry 3,800 BHT.

The re-entry permit will be stamped in your Passport, stating 'single' or 'multiple' with the expiry date, which should be the same as your permission of stay date stamp.

Thanks for the advice on the re-entry.

I am applying at Chiang Mai Immigration. Anyone can advise on the format for the passport pages? I guess what ever format it is it would be the same for the bank book copy?

Edited by wildpikey

4 minutes ago, wildpikey said:

I am applying at Chiang Mai Immigration. Anyone can advise on the format for the passport pages? I guess what ever format it is it would be the same for the bank book copy?

In landscape. Across the page.

The sheets of copies have to in portrait.

13 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Are we serious, landscape or portrait, a copy is a copy whichever way you look at it.

The IO officer can't rotate a sheet of paper to read it.

Forget it, rhetorical question.

I really would love to think it was a daft question and wouldn't matter, but I have heard so many stories.

I am all prepared to go for my first extension, spend days getting the paperwork ready, but I think I am now going to use an agent as I really can't be done with the hassle!

On 5/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, wildpikey said:

I am all prepared to go for my first extension, spend days getting the paperwork ready, but I think I am now going to use an agent as I really can't be done with the hassle!

Good choice, especially for Chiang Mai. I've used an agent for the last two years (Best Friends), and it's been well worth the 3000bt, or so, I've paid. First off, they re-accomplished most of my forms, putting them into the acceptable formats (black n white, portrait or landscape, two sided, etc), giving them the margins required, and even taking their own photo of me, as the one I provided apparently didn't have a blue enough background. Sure, I could have tried to guess accurately for all of these formats, but I would have screwed up somewhere. Anyway, armed with a package they know will be fully acceptable to Immigration, they even had a driver for me and my agent -- right to the front door (and same for pickup); no trying to find a parking place hassle. And, when I needed a copy of latest extension in order to get a re-entry permit, they, not me, braved the traffic on death highway. Will definitely go that route again this year, but now requiring the Thai medical insurance.

Not trying to reopen the agent argument so prevalent on this forum -- arguments that get at cross purposes because legitimate agents get confused with illegitimate (i.e., crooked) agents. No, these folks are completely legit, and the money spent is well worth the hand holding -- especially when I contrast their fee to the nearly 20,000 I'll have to pay Thai corruption for completely unnecessary health insurance. Hopefully, that requirement will go away next renewal after the borders re-open and I can get a Non Imm O to replace my Non Imm O-A -- the root of all this medical insurance requirement. Oh, medical insurance on the horizon for all one-year extension holders? Let's hope not -- but, sadly, maybe one more setback caused by coronavirus.