Spanish man charged with murdering Chilean on Koh Phangan

rooster59

3 hours ago, sahibji said:

it baffles me that these europeans visit thailand for holiday or relaxation but end up in fighting, misbehaving and in this case murder.

I think quite a few foreigners (not only Europeans) don't come for holiday but for settling more serious things with "business partners". Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and Japanese shady figures are a well-known breed for sorting out things in TH

Edited by thurien

Does the guy have face tattoos? Or does that muck rub off. Captain Boomerang. My other favourite quote of his  - do you want to be my girlfriend? So many times I could've used this meeting hot girls above my station. Ha! Fortune favours the brave. Anyway this guy is gonna have a tough time, plenty of chances to prove how hard he is. Be careful what you wish for. I hope he has some rich and influential friends, cos a diet of rice and fishead soup is gonna take some of the fight out of him, I guess.

Edited by nausea
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

well, in that case we need to at look at things case by case, and the only way to determine that is by checking the persons criminal background. The severity of their past crimes is surely an important thing to consider. If for example that person was imprisoned for a couple of petty crimes, then maybe they should be given a chance, but i personally think for people that have committed a serious crime in the past such a murder, rape of an adult or child, then no, i do not believe that they should be allowed to travel.

Being an optimistic, some people should get a second chance we all have made mistakes, so yes I agree on petty crime. 

thailand is a sex destination ...if not for that they would lose to much money...with this comes what you see day after day....good people do come here but it for sure brings  some of the worst and you mix that with the thais  drugs ..people  act that oh no did you here what happen today.. its every day and it will no stop..

4 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Some come to Thailand because things are getting "too hot" because of their criminal background in their own country. As has already been said, it is too easy to get here.

No visa travel should be eliminated for most  nationalities. Except for those on group tours with a in date flight out date and booked hotels. No visa free "unaccompanied male travel" except for businessmen with APEC travel card or letter of introduction from their company and agenda. 

Every one else  have to apply for a visa in advance and show home country police report.

Violence, drugs, fraud, theft, MAI OW. Criminals with Thai wife should be welcome to bring their wife to their own country.  Policy like this with most of the low-lifes gone would be a good for Thailand

Sad for the Chilean man has wife.

RIP.

Hang the Spaniard, cremate n be done with it.

The lack of IO screening maybe has something to do with it. I imagine this guys got a record back in the land of paella.

on a similar but different note:

I live here n I’m sick n tired of seeing the punks that come here. Riding, strutting around like maniacs with no regard for anyone. Standing over anyone who dares stand up to them.

Watched a Euro/Arab guy at immigration act like a total a hole recently after being a complete smart mouth.

Thank God the Western (English speaker) guy cooled down and didn’t smash the guy cause from where I stood the euro was asking for it.

7 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Thailand really needs to start screening foreigners properly before entering the country. There are far too many cases like this.  The other week it was that nutcase from Northern Ireland who butchered  that poor girl to death Pattaya and now this... 

The fact is, pretty much anyone one with a criminal background can so easily enter this country. Peado's, rapists, murderers, drugs dealers, con artists, you name it there are loads of them out here. 

Then you would have to say that should happen in all countries, which is impractical. Tens of millions visit Thailand (or used to) -are you saying each has to obtain a police certificate from their home countries before visiting and what impact would that have on Thailand’s tourist trade? All countries will always have foreign criminals,although there is no indication this individual had any previous serious convictions, and unless there is a disproportionate representation of them in overall crime figures then there isn’t an easy workable prevention,or screening operation as you suggest. 

16 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Then you would have to say that should happen in all countries, which is impractical. Tens of millions visit Thailand (or used to) -are you saying each has to obtain a police certificate from their home countries before visiting and what impact would that have on Thailand’s tourist trade? All countries will always have foreign criminals,although there is no indication this individual had any previous serious convictions, and unless there is a disproportionate representation of them in overall crime figures then there isn’t an easy workable prevention,or screening operation as you suggest. 

It is not impractical at all Example. USA-CAN, an almost open border.

American criminals cannot get into Canada. The countries share data.

7 hours ago, lee b said:

Could be right, but it also reports that he crashed his motorbike in a ditch, maybe because he was under the influence of drugs, who knows?

Crashing a motorbike into a ditch on Phangan is as common as a soup cart in a 7-11 parking lot...

8 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Thailand really needs to start screening foreigners properly before entering the country. There are far too many cases like this.  The other week it was that nutcase from Northern Ireland who butchered  that poor girl to death Pattaya and now this... 

The fact is, pretty much anyone one with a criminal background can so easily enter this country. Peado's, rapists, murderers, drugs dealers, con artists, you name it there are loads of them out here. 

Calme down. Many people have criminal records doesnt mean they are still criminals

Maybe if he was mentally ill then the country he came from should take responsiblity for lettint a crazy person onto the streers get a passport and travel anywherr in the world

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:
11 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Are we certain that this Spaniard has not escaped from a mad asylum?????

Yes, we are pretty sure about that. Here in Thailand they are not very common and most of the mad ones are walking freely on the streets I have been told.

I think you'll find most of the mad ones are running the country

13 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Unfortunately true, Russian mafia, Nigerian scammers, and criminal loonies, and the fact that the police cannot differentiate the difference between a African, Russian or Thai working girl. 

Before all they should close illegal crossing of border... Everybody thinking this guy came to Suvarnabhumi, what if he came through illegal channel from Cambodia, Laos... And second thing i would never open a door in midnight to a crazy guy yelling and screaming if i wouldnt have proper tools myself to defend my family otherwise i would call for Police, probably these two guys have recent history otherwise i dont see reason why he let him in. 

Edited by NB1986

11 hours ago, Steve Vincent said:

Interesting. Maybe that’s why crime is on the up here in Thailand Maybe they should do more “especially with perverts who abuse children as a small example ! 

They do. Your country would receive full co-operation from the Thai authorities for such matters.

13 hours ago, lee b said:

Could be right, but it also reports that he crashed his motorbike in a ditch, maybe because he was under the influence of drugs, who knows?

Or couldn't ride a motorcycle, who knows?

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

No visa travel should be eliminated for most  nationalities. Except for those on group tours with a in date flight out date and booked hotels. No visa free "unaccompanied male travel" except for businessmen with APEC travel card or letter of introduction from their company and agenda. 

Every one else  have to apply for a visa in advance and show home country police report.

Violence, drugs, fraud, theft, MAI OW. Criminals with Thai wife should be welcome to bring their wife to their own country.  Policy like this with most of the low-lifes gone would be a good for Thailand

Whilst I dislike the filthy sexpats and scummy sex tourists who come to Asia I think this idea is laughable, at best.

I regularly take vacations alone - to the Philippines mostly these days. I used to travel to Thailand alone. Fact is I often travel alone. I don't like moving in a herd.

(I did once take my girlfriend at the time, and her daughter, with me to the Philippines - lovely holiday. They left after 5 days and I stayed on another 5 days. I enjoyed their company and I enjoyed the remaining 5 days - were I could do what I wanted according to my schedule)

Should I have to get a police clearance from my country of birth, depspite the fact that I have lived in Asia for 17 years?

Come on. Be sensible, matey.

We've seen this one before..

Man goes to Thailand, likely not very successful in his home country

Looks to find things more important than money......

Peacefulness, happiness, serenity, good friends, utter bliss...

Now asking for 20 baht for soup, argumentative, mad at world for betraying him, a powder keg ready to go..

Here comes another farang he can talk with....

Women, drugs, money, politics, their past....all sensitive topics

One argument, another, and another........then death

• Confused 1