BANGKOK
rooster59

Spanish man charged with murdering Chilean on Koh Phangan

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

Thankfully  though virtually no Thais  fit  your descriptions of undesirables.

No, there is a huge mafia presence on that island, not nice people. 

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Thailand really needs to start screening foreigners properly before entering the country. There are far too many cases like this.  The other week it was that nutcase from Northern Ireland who butchered  that poor girl to death Pattaya and now this... 

The fact is, pretty much anyone one with a criminal background can so easily enter this country. Peado's, rapists, murderers, drugs dealers, con artists, you name it there are loads of them out here. 

When I arrived here in Thailand in February my fingerprints were taken so screening is taking place,. Sadly if your not a wanted man I’m presuming your not going to get arrested,. However with the finger prints being taken and computers widely available I’m sure the Thai authorities know if you have a criminal record. When younger was convicted of drugs ! It’s on my record so I’m not allowed into America .. many people who arrive on long stays have to apply for visas in there own country before traveling ‘ those who arrive for say 30 days are not going through any Chanel’s which in my eyes make it difficult for authorities to refuse you entry. 

6 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

I’m sure the Thai authorities know if you have a criminal record.

Nope. They can't cross reference your fingerprints taken at immigration with records in your country.

That would require a specific request by the Thai authorities to the authorities in your country.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

I’m sure the Thai authorities know if you have a criminal record

Only if you're wanted by Interpol. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Nope. They can't cross reference your fingerprints taken at immigration with records in your country.

That would require a specific request by the Thai authorities to the authorities in your country.

Interesting. Maybe that’s why crime is on the up here in Thailand Maybe they should do more “especially with perverts who abuse children as a small example ! 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

So you don't believe in rehabilitaion? 

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Thailand really needs to start screening foreigners properly before entering the country. There are far too many cases like this.  The other week it was that nutcase from Northern Ireland who butchered  that poor girl to death Pattaya and now this... 

The fact is, pretty much anyone one with a criminal background can so easily enter this country. Peado's, rapists, murderers, drugs dealers, con artists, you name it there are loads of them out here. 

And they are welcomed also with open arms as Thailand is a haven for every sort no checks unless interpol informs them of most wanted so just go to Thailand. 

Thailand is just like the old wild west that's it's attraction to misfits,criminals,weirdos etc..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

When I first came to Thailand, back in 2008I had to show a "clearance" from the police in my country. Is it not like that anymore?  

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So you don't believe in rehabilitaion? 

if you chop off their head they won't re-offend

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bassclomp said:

Thailand is just like the old wild west that's it's attraction to misfits,criminals,weirdos etc..

Only in the tourist areas, most Thais are pretty decent people; a bit behind the times, maybe, Thailand reminds me a lot of the UK in my youth. As a Farang you're always going to be a bit of a mystery to them, like Poles, West Indians, Italians, etc, etc, were to me as a kid - exotic.

• Like 1

A post-pandemic priority agenda should be to work towards linking all police databases and making them accessible to immigration authorities in every country. Only those who have something to hide would oppose this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, we are pretty sure about that. Here in Thailand they are not very common and most of the mad ones are walking freely on the streets I have been told.

So we blend in, you saying? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1