Spanish man charged with murdering Chilean on Koh Phangan

rooster59

17 hours ago, sahibji said:

it baffles me that these europeans visit thailand for holiday or relaxation but end up in fighting, misbehaving and in this case murder.

Normal people don't travel 10,000 miles to find brides. Only losers and would be criminal do so.

15 hours ago, mvdf said:

A post-pandemic priority agenda should be to work towards linking all police databases and making them accessible to immigration authorities in every country. Only those who have something to hide would oppose this.

6 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Normal people don't travel 10,000 miles to find brides. Only losers and would be criminal do so.

There aren't many places on earth that are 10,000 miles from Thailand !! Maybe they go via a few other places on the way ??

15 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

It is not impractical at all Example. USA-CAN, an almost open border.

American criminals cannot get into Canada. The countries share data.

Very few countries give unfettered access  to criminal database (see example),even between close allies. There is no way in the world that a country like Thailand would even be considered. 

image.jpeg.ea78e98f941dba334c8ec4f94c5c8d41.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 5/10/2020 at 12:56 PM, Tchooptip said:

Are we certain that this Spaniard has not escaped from a mad asylum?????

maybe spent some time among Trump followers in America (I'm an American, so I'm qualified to make such statements). Yes, the US is an insane asylum of violence, with an insane president.  

On 5/10/2020 at 2:22 PM, Kaopad999 said:

Thailand really needs to start screening foreigners properly before entering the country. There are far too many cases like this.  The other week it was that nutcase from Northern Ireland who butchered  that poor girl to death Pattaya and now this... 

The fact is, pretty much anyone one with a criminal background can so easily enter this country. Peado's, rapists, murderers, drugs dealers, con artists, you name it there are loads of them out here. 

Ever broach this subject with actual law enforcement personnel? Easier said than done. Murder and insanity is not usually on a person's passport. Not even remotely possible to detect psychopaths. People do not disclose criminal records. Duh. Such people can be found in any given cross section of any modern culture. Criminal histories in one country don't cross borders. BTW, what is "Peado's"? It sounds like a retail store. or "Peado's Irish Pub". Methinks you might need spell check. 

Thailand really needs to start screening foreigners properly before entering the country. There are far too many cases like this.  The other week it was that nutcase from Northern Ireland who butchered  that poor girl to death Pattaya and now this... 

The fact is, pretty much anyone one with a criminal background can so easily enter this country. Peado's, rapists, murderers, drugs dealers, con artists, you name it there are loads of them out here. 

Thailand has this "Westworld"... or I should say "Eastworld" effect on some. They go into playground mode and start losing their grip on reality, thinking it's all good times and partying. Some stay in that mindset for so long, when the money runs out and the fun stops it turns into living nightmare and they completely lose their mind.

18 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

maybe spent some time among Trump followers in America (I'm an American, so I'm qualified to make such statements). Yes, the US is an insane asylum of violence, with an insane president.  

You are blaming Donald Trump, the President of the United States, for a Spanish man murdering a Chilean man in Thailand. Do you have any idea how deranged that sounds?

The usual motives for such violent crimes are to do with jealousy, drugs/alcohol, money or lost face. I never heard of people murdering because their preferred candidate for President in a country on the other side of the world lost in an election 4 years ago. Bizarre.

23 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You are blaming Donald Trump, the President of the United States, for a Spanish man murdering a Chilean man in Thailand. Do you have any idea how deranged that sounds?

The usual motives for such violent crimes are to do with jealousy, drugs/alcohol, money or lost face. I never heard of people murdering because their preferred candidate for President in a country on the other side of the world lost in an election 4 years ago. Bizarre.

It doesn't sound more deranged than Mr. Trump himself. 5555555 LOLOLOL

• Thanks 1

You forgot miserable old farts.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:57 PM, RichardColeman said:

Looking t the state of him, I would guess result of usual problems - drugs

Or that he had just been engaged in a struggle that culminated in murder and a crash into a ditch after being chased by police.

But yeah, word on the island is drugs.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:13 PM, Neeranam said:

This island has always had its share of nuts. When I lived there in 1992, when the full moon parties were getting popular, 200 people on the main beach, there were drugs openly sold. 

I knew one guy who was decapitated by a sword. 

My best childhood friend had his bungalow on the beach burned down when he inside at 4 am and had to escape the island on a fishing boat. 

Really? Your comparing it to 28 years ago??? Lol

• Like 2

On 5/19/2020 at 3:21 AM, Nevalern said:

Really? Your comparing it to 28 years ago??? Lol

If you were a native English speaker, you would comprehend I was saying it has always had(present perfect tense ) nut jobs.