I can't find Heineken 0%

2long

I have just started another thread about cutting down on the booze, but this topic is separate.

I have looked in several shops for Heineken 0% but to no avail. Has it been discontinued? I understand the confusion in selling it from 2-5pm, and that's not the end of the world, but I'd like some. 

It is not in the beer section and it can be sold at all times - there is no confusion, it is 0% alcohol. A poorly run 7-11 may put the cans in the shuttered beer fridge but most don't  (Makro staff wet themselves when you push your trolley towards them at 4pm with a case of Heineken in it).

Depends where you are because you may struggle to find it in rural locations.

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

I was in Big C in Pon Phisi (along from Non Khai to non Isaan people) at lunch time today; plenty of Zero Heineken next to standard Heineken. Somebody already mentioned Big C ;maybe they're making a thing about O% alcohol?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malt25 said:

As a matter of interest Heineken is always in the Top 10 beers consumed world wide. Looks like a few disagree with your comment !

Indeed but I am in the agreement side - suspect it is popular because tastes more like US flavored water than German beer.  Never much of an alcohol drinker but recall when living in Germany during the 60's enjoyed the taste of some, like Binding, but never liked Heineken. 

image.jpeg.02b5b61230f6fe0896e7256d66ddf3f0.jpeg

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed but I am in the agreement side - suspect it is popular because tastes more like US flavored water than German beer.  Never much of an alcohol drinker but recall when living in Germany during the 60's enjoyed the taste of some, like Binding, but never liked Heineken. 

image.jpeg.02b5b61230f6fe0896e7256d66ddf3f0.jpeg

I could move to Germany for the food and beer. But then I'd become an obese alcoholic.

23 minutes ago, thedemon said:

It may contain no alcohol but it is a lot higher in carbohydrates than regular beer and not dissimilar to a soft drink like Coke. So might well negate any benefit to your liver, if that is the goal. 

I bought some from 7-11 during 'prohibition' a few weeks ago. Since I hadn't had a beer for a couple of months it tasted okay. However, I was perusing the can for the info regarding carbohydrates, fat, sugar content etc and all the standard nutritional stats were lacking. I had (mistakingly?) thought it would be less carbs than alcoholic beer.

You will get just as fat drinking it as you would real beer. And with zero alcohol its a poor trade off, like somebody said by fruit. A big fat mango is cheaper and tastes much better

They won't store it in predominantly Thai areas as they are not silly enough pay 40 baht for it