visa agent in/around Bangkok

3 minutes ago, Why Me said:

A reputable agent won't screw you over. They want repeat business and word of mouth.

Yes... and there is plenty of competition/choice out there.

Just appraise yourself of the 'going rate'..................... in Pattaya I have heard of 13,000 to 20,000+ Baht being charged.

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Just appraise yourself of the 'going rate'..................... in Pattaya I have heard of 13,000 to 20,000+ Baht being charged.

Yep, I paid in that range. But here in Bkk/Chaengwattana.

Added: That is the range if your case is "clean". That is you have the funds, etc. It will be more if not.

Edited by Why Me

10-20.000?

so how did I get a quote of 50.000+ baht

with MY OWN MONEY IN THE BANK

they are crooks that prey on people in need and I am convinced that most of them are RELATED to an Imm.....n Of.....r  and know if they get caught, the will not suffer anything, but their clients will be investigated and possible deported, fined, jailed....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

10-20.000?

~15K w/o your own money - only the extension, in Pattaya.  More, if you need the Non-O 90-Day visa, first (10K to 15K more).

8 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

so how did I get a quote of 50.000+ baht

Retirement or marriage-based?  Marriage has to be approved at the division-level, so another fat-envelope is required.  Retirement is easier.

And do you have a Non-O entry already?  If not, you are paying for 2 services - one for the Non-O 90-day stamp (which gets division-level approval), and another for the extension itself. 

For marriage-based, including the Non-O Visa starter - no interrogation, no home-visit, no "undocumented requirement" surprises - 50K sounds about right.  Retirement should be less, though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Why Me said:

Added: That is the range if your case is "clean". That is you have the funds, etc. It will be more if not.

Last August I used Asia Visa Tour...

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://asiavisatour.com/&prev=search

Total cost worked out to be exactly 16,000, this included... 

• 2,000 THB for them to do my TM30 (This was August when it was a very hot topic so might not be needed now)
  • 8,900 for the extension (includes 1,900 for the immigration fee)
  • 5,000 for a multi re-entry permit (Next time I'll do this myself for 3,500) 
  • 100 for the Bank Letters (get on the day from the branches in the basement at CW, all of the banks seem to have a branch there).

If you just wanted the extension then it's 8,900 (7,000 for their services + 1,900 for the extension itself). 

For this they do all of the paperwork (including the map to your place :)) and you still have to visit CW in person.

I met them at their office (1/2 way down Soi 24) at 10:00AM and they drove me to CW, got there just before IO closes for lunch to get an early afternoon ticket

Spent 1 hour having some lunch downstairs & went back at 1PM, got in front of the officer around 1:30PM and was out by 1:45PM 

2 days later I went back to their office to pick my passport up.

All legit/above board & would recommend them/will be using them again in August. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

All legit/above board & would recommend them/will be using them again in August. 

Great to hear, Mike. And the rate seems very good. I just went to their website http://asiavisatour.com/

though and it's all in Japanese (? Chinese?). Is that because they cater mostly to Asian expats? But I am guessing you dealt with them in English. Can you say about this please?

4 hours ago, Why Me said:

Great to hear, Mike. And the rate seems very good. I just went to their website http://asiavisatour.com/

though and it's all in Japanese (? Chinese?). Is that because they cater mostly to Asian expats? But I am guessing you dealt with them in English. Can you say about this please?

I think they must do a lot of business with Japanese customers & there was a Japanese guy in sorting his visa out at the same time as me, but no problems with English & good service all round 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, Why Me said:

Why would anyone use an agent if they are "clean", throw away 20,000 !

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, BritTim said:

Take care! Most Bangkok agents will not want to process any extensions through Chaengwattana, though they will not warn you of this. When they return your passport, you are liable to find that you have a dodgy (but legal) extension issued in Jomtien or some remote office in Isaan. You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports.

Nope just need  to file a TM30

On 5/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, BritTim said:

Take care! Most Bangkok agents will not want to process any extensions through Chaengwattana, though they will not warn you of this. When they return your passport, you are liable to find that you have a dodgy (but legal) extension issued in Jomtien or some remote office in Isaan. You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports.

"Take care! [...] You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports".

Why?  How is that a negative if you've already had your extension processed via the agent?

On 5/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

I contact some ... this is plain scam/thieves/robbery... 50.000 baht for their "help", consisting in br...ng some imm...ion off....r

"I contact some ..."

There must have been more than just a normal extension required if you were being asked for B50k by "some", i.e more than one.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

22 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Why?  How is that a negative if you've already had your extension processed via the agent?

It can mean giving the agent your passport (for the 90-day report) and then not seeing the passport again for days as the agent arranges for the 90-day report to be processed by a friend in the immigration office at Nakorn Nowhere. Some people will not care, but others feel very uncomfortable being without their passports.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BritTim said:
1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

It can mean giving the agent your passport (for the 90-day report) and then not seeing the passport again for days as the agent arranges for the 90-day report to be processed by a friend in the immigration office at Nakorn Nowhere. Some people will not care, but others feel very uncomfortable being without their passports.

These people have already given their passport to the agent once when they need the visa/extension, why should they feel uncomfortable if it's necessary to do so again?   Agents do not always need the original passport just to process the 90-day report.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

On 5/16/2020 at 2:39 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

With your own money in bank, it is 5K in Pattaya for their service that includes a limo (not a true limo but a good clean mid-size car)) ride to IO office, in/out in 15 minutes and no waiting in quque. No paper work hassle. 

12 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

they should make "agents" illegal, unless for WP & your company use one to do your visa

Do it yourself then, why post the thread at all? You have the 800 it’s easy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Do it yourself then, why post the thread at all? You have the 800 it’s easy!

I had one paper missing.

Not ok for immigration officer to approve for 1900 baht, but can be fixed by a big fat BRIBE and corruption via an agent...  what do you call that ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

they should make "agents" illegal, unless for WP & your company use one to do your visa

Has to be "No Fixers" across the board.  Great service in the PI, after they did this.  At that point, the rules would be re-adjusted to fit with the reality, rather than to maximize agent-use.