Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Why Me said:

Great to hear, Mike. And the rate seems very good. I just went to their website http://asiavisatour.com/

though and it's all in Japanese (? Chinese?). Is that because they cater mostly to Asian expats? But I am guessing you dealt with them in English. Can you say about this please?

I think they must do a lot of business with Japanese customers & there was a Japanese guy in sorting his visa out at the same time as me, but no problems with English & good service all round 

 

 

 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

I contact some ... this is plain scam/thieves/robbery... 50.000 baht for their "help", consisting in br...ng some imm...ion off....r

 

well... don't want to be banned for telling the truth

 

 

Not sure what you are talking about, Thai Visa Centre charges 14k for this and is fairly painless.

Maybe you contacted the wrong agent, you can always send them a line message "@thaivisacentre"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 10:37 AM, Why Me said:

Yep, I paid in that range. But here in Bkk/Chaengwattana.

 

Added: That is the range if your case is "clean". That is you have the funds, etc. It will be more if not.

Why would anyone use an agent if they are "clean", throw away 20,000 !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, BritTim said:

Take care! Most Bangkok agents will not want to process any extensions through Chaengwattana, though they will not warn you of this. When they return your passport, you are liable to find that you have a dodgy (but legal) extension issued in Jomtien or some remote office in Isaan. You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports.

Nope just need  to file a TM30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeffreyTRax said:

Not sure what you are talking about, Thai Visa Centre charges 14k for this and is fairly painless.

Maybe you contacted the wrong agent, you can always send them a line message "@thaivisacentre"

Yes 14k is the going rate everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

6 hours ago, JeffreyTRax said:
On 5/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

I contact some ... this is plain scam/thieves/robbery... 50.000 baht for their "help", consisting in br...ng some imm...ion off....r

 

well... don't want to be banned for telling the truth

Not sure what you are talking about, Thai Visa Centre charges 14k for this and is fairly painless.

Maybe you contacted the wrong agent, you can always send them a line message "@thaivisacentre"

For a "retirement-based" extension?  Sure - no problem. 
But add 10K to 20K or more, if you support a Thai family, because the Division Level IO needs his fat-envelope, too.

@Bender Rodriguez - was your application for Marraige-based (or Thai children), or Retirement-based?
 

In Bangkok, it appears one can only get family-based non-o extensions done via a "law firm," - not just a normal agent.  I got exactly NO offers from "agents" for a marriage-based extension from emailing them (several), or from posting here.    Last week, someone here sent me an email to a "law firm," but I won't be trying to get an extension again this year, so don't know their service-charge. 

 

Once a year's abuse being rejected is enough.  I've learned that going back 2 and 3 times, with the "more undocumented requirements" they keep adding each time, doesn't get you anywhere - just makes them more angry you still didn't come with one of their agent/lawyer partners.

  

On 5/17/2020 at 6:23 AM, Malawi said:

All that money just to fill a form in. 

Bizzare!

Costs 1,900 baht if you do it yourself.

It costs nothing, when they reject your application for "undocumented requirements." 

 

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

Why would anyone use an agent if they are "clean", throw away 20,000 !

They only do it, because even if you meet all the "published" qualifications, you may still have your application rejected at some offices - because you didn't pay the extra. 

 

At some offices, they mess you around with unobtanium landlord-docs (irrelevant and undocumented).  At others, they play games with the "proven income" requirements.  Jomtien now reported to be rejecting ALL embassy-letters in one report - will see if that lasts.   Sometimes their schemes stick, and other times they are told they were being too obvious, and have to dial it back (see the Chaing Mai "cleanup" last year).

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Any agents helping with retirement  non-O for someone a bit younger than 50 yo? Or is this a thing of the past?

Edited by shadowofacloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Any agents helping with retirement  non-O for someone a bit younger than 50 yo? Or is this a thing of the past?

Agents can help people under 50 get a yearly visa but they cant help someone under 50 get a retirement visa. This would be impossible, as you MUST be 50 years old or older.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JeffreyTRax said:

Agents can help people under 50 get a yearly visa but they cant help someone under 50 get a retirement visa. This would be impossible, as you MUST be 50 years old or older.

Thank you for your expert opinion. 😉

 

A few years back there were agents on one large island in the South, who offered such service. But it may have ended with one of many crackdowns. Such a shame.

Edited by shadowofacloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 4:23 AM, Mulambana said:

Grace still keep sending me email for 14K for retirment visa. I think most people know who Grace is

She just quoted me 19k all inclusive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

She just quoted me 19k all inclusive

Thats for what? Converting from another visa? Or also with multiple entry?

I paid 14k, but didnt get any multiple entry, and had a very standard case (just no money in bank).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JeffreyTRax said:

Agents can help people under 50 get a yearly visa but they cant help someone under 50 get a retirement visa. This would be impossible, as you MUST be 50 years old or older.

They can fake the bank-money - a "5-minutes of 800K" bank-letter can go the file - but not the passport-page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

They can fake the bank-money - a "5-minutes of 800K" bank-letter can go the file - but not the passport-page.

That would raise all sorts of issues. Imagine an IO seeing a retirement stamp, and scanning your passport and seeing that you are under 50. Better off just getting a visa that is "legal" in the system. I personally have never heard of anyone getting a retirement visa under the age of 50, bank agent or no agent.

 

The whole bank balance thing is only checked when you are applying for a visa, or doing 90 day reporting (which most agents will do for you as well).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bank balances are not checked when you do 90 day reports

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 7:31 AM, BritTim said:

Take care! Most Bangkok agents will not want to process any extensions through Chaengwattana, though they will not warn you of this. When they return your passport, you are liable to find that you have a dodgy (but legal) extension issued in Jomtien or some remote office in Isaan. You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports.

"Take care! [...] You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports".

 Why?  How is that a negative if you've already had your extension processed via the agent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...