BANGKOK

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

I contact some ... this is plain scam/thieves/robbery... 50.000 baht for their "help", consisting in br...ng some imm...ion off....r

"I contact some ..."

There must have been more than just a normal extension required if you were being asked for B50k by "some", i.e more than one.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

22 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"Take care! [...] You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports".

Why?  How is that a negative if you've already had your extension processed via the agent?

It can mean giving the agent your passport (for the 90-day report) and then not seeing the passport again for days as the agent arranges for the 90-day report to be processed by a friend in the immigration office at Nakorn Nowhere. Some people will not care, but others feel very uncomfortable being without their passports.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, BritTim said:
1 hour ago, Bob A Kneale said:

"Take care! [...] You then probably need to use the agent for 90-day reports".

Why?  How is that a negative if you've already had your extension processed via the agent?

It can mean giving the agent your passport (for the 90-day report) and then not seeing the passport again for days as the agent arranges for the 90-day report to be processed by a friend in the immigration office at Nakorn Nowhere. Some people will not care, but others feel very uncomfortable being without their passports.

These people have already given their passport to the agent once when they need the visa/extension, why should they feel uncomfortable if it's necessary to do so again?   Agents do not always need the original passport just to process the 90-day report.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

On 5/16/2020 at 2:39 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

with MY OWN MONEY IN THE BANK

With your own money in bank, it is 5K in Pattaya for their service that includes a limo (not a true limo but a good clean mid-size car)) ride to IO office, in/out in 15 minutes and no waiting in quque. No paper work hassle. 

On 5/21/2020 at 6:28 AM, JeffreyTRax said:

Not sure what you are talking about, Thai Visa Centre charges 14k for this and is fairly painless.

Maybe you contacted the wrong agent, you can always send them a line message "@thaivisacentre"

And which office issued your extension through TVC (Grace) - have you looked.

She often used the Roi Et office in Isaan.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, JeffreyTRax said:

Agents can help people under 50 get a yearly visa but they cant help someone under 50 get a retirement visa. This would be impossible, as you MUST be 50 years old or older.

Agents even through Immigration, regardless of age can't get a retirement Visa, because they don't exist.

However they can get an extension (which is a permit, not a Visa) based on retirement.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, JeffreyTRax said:

Thats for what? Converting from another visa? Or also with multiple entry?

I paid 14k, but didnt get any multiple entry, and had a very standard case (just no money in bank).

Currently marriage from savanaket,  the quote was for retirement here,  marriage visa 50% more

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

they should make "agents" illegal, unless for WP & your company use one to do your visa

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

they should make "agents" illegal, unless for WP & your company use one to do your visa

Do it yourself then, why post the thread at all? You have the 800 it’s easy!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

Do it yourself then, why post the thread at all? You have the 800 it’s easy!

I had one paper missing.

Not ok for immigration officer to approve for 1900 baht, but can be fixed by a big fat BRIBE and corruption via an agent...  what do you call that ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Has to be "No Fixers" across the board.  Great service in the PI, after they did this.  At that point, the rules would be re-adjusted to fit with the reality, rather than to maximize agent-use.

25 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I had one paper missing.

Not ok for immigration officer to approve for 1900 baht, but can be fixed by a big fat BRIBE and corruption via an agent...  what do you call that ?

Was that the bank letter !

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Let me give you an idea of how the "missing document" denial-shennanigans work:

• Landlord Docs - need a "newer copy" of the house-book than this one (Thai landlord living in Europe- needs to go to an Amphoe for it), even though there is nothing about "landlord docs" in the published requirements.
  • You need to prove your proven foreign-income (embassy-letter PLUS bank-book w/ foreign xfers) comes from a "State Pension" or it doesn't count at this office.
  • You need to bring all new originals of the docs that you used to get this work-permit (we are holding in our hand) from the various govt-offices, even though the rules state you merely need to prove your income AND you have copies of all of those docs signed by a company-officer.
  • (Before, for Non-O 90-days) Yes, the official list says you can use income or unseasoned-money in the bank, but we just printed a 'home-made' list which you must follow at this office - or go see the agent next door (15K Baht)
Edited by JackThompson

21 minutes ago, Olmate said:

nope, 400k for many years untouched...

d.... f.... immigration officers always put those blank stare eyes: no movement ?

when I say, this money is for YOU PEOPLE ONLY.... never touch it, never want to be under 400k

Guess they cannot phantom one has savings just for this at 0.1 percent intrest per year

There was a whole request of "how do you support yourself"

If you say that you sold your house in your home country (10 million+ baht) and put this on a THAI savings account that give you interest + investments ...

So they wanted proof of that, no problem ... Have them on my phone...

and I thought the 400k was exactly for that, proof of sufficient means ...

but still not enough for them... more proof, more papers, more this...

if only "the rules" were clear and followed by everyone the same, let's say the national immigration website, that works for less than 50 percent, the rest are DEAD links or non-working forwarding to a localhost server kind of amateur programming... 

and don't you love most of the information on an IMMIGRATION website is in THAI only, even you click ENGLISH

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Let me give you an idea of how the "missing document" denial-shennanigans work:

• Landlord Docs - need a "newer copy" of the house-book than this one (Thai landlord living in Europe- needs to go to an Amphoe for it), even though there is nothing about "landlord docs" in the published requirements.
  • You need to prove your proven foreign-income (embassy-letter PLUS bank-book w/ foreign xfers) comes from a "State Pension" or it doesn't count at this office.
  • You need to bring all new originals of the docs that you used to get this work-permit (we are holding in our hand) from the various govt-offices, even though the rules state you merely need to prove your income AND you have copies of all of those docs signed by a company-officer.
  • (Before, for Non-O 90-days) Yes, the official list says you can use income or unseasoned-money in the bank, but we just printed a 'home-made' list which you must follow at this office - or go see the agent next door (15K Baht)

let me add a few to the list

you need THE ORIGINAL CHANOTE of the house ?

What the ... ???

next would be:  OWNER has to come with you to immigration ...

next: now you need 2-3 witness to come to immigration

but all of this is not needed if you just pay 20-30-40-50.000 baht to some agent that can MAGICALLY fix all this NONSENSE

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 1