visa agent in/around Bangkok

25 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I had one paper missing.

Not ok for immigration officer to approve for 1900 baht, but can be fixed by a big fat BRIBE and corruption via an agent...  what do you call that ?

Was that the bank letter !

23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Let me give you an idea of how the "missing document" denial-shennanigans work:

• Landlord Docs - need a "newer copy" of the house-book than this one (Thai landlord living in Europe- needs to go to an Amphoe for it), even though there is nothing about "landlord docs" in the published requirements.
  • You need to prove your proven foreign-income (embassy-letter PLUS bank-book w/ foreign xfers) comes from a "State Pension" or it doesn't count at this office.
  • You need to bring all new originals of the docs that you used to get this work-permit (we are holding in our hand) from the various govt-offices, even though the rules state you merely need to prove your income AND you have copies of all of those docs signed by a company-officer.
  • (Before, for Non-O 90-days) Yes, the official list says you can use income or unseasoned-money in the bank, but we just printed a 'home-made' list which you must follow at this office - or go see the agent next door (15K Baht)
Edited by JackThompson

21 minutes ago, Olmate said:

nope, 400k for many years untouched...

d.... f.... immigration officers always put those blank stare eyes: no movement ?

when I say, this money is for YOU PEOPLE ONLY.... never touch it, never want to be under 400k

Guess they cannot phantom one has savings just for this at 0.1 percent intrest per year

There was a whole request of "how do you support yourself"

If you say that you sold your house in your home country (10 million+ baht) and put this on a THAI savings account that give you interest + investments ...

So they wanted proof of that, no problem ... Have them on my phone...

and I thought the 400k was exactly for that, proof of sufficient means ...

but still not enough for them... more proof, more papers, more this...

if only "the rules" were clear and followed by everyone the same, let's say the national immigration website, that works for less than 50 percent, the rest are DEAD links or non-working forwarding to a localhost server kind of amateur programming... 

and don't you love most of the information on an IMMIGRATION website is in THAI only, even you click ENGLISH

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Let me give you an idea of how the "missing document" denial-shennanigans work:

• Landlord Docs - need a "newer copy" of the house-book than this one (Thai landlord living in Europe- needs to go to an Amphoe for it), even though there is nothing about "landlord docs" in the published requirements.
  • You need to prove your proven foreign-income (embassy-letter PLUS bank-book w/ foreign xfers) comes from a "State Pension" or it doesn't count at this office.
  • You need to bring all new originals of the docs that you used to get this work-permit (we are holding in our hand) from the various govt-offices, even though the rules state you merely need to prove your income AND you have copies of all of those docs signed by a company-officer.
  • (Before, for Non-O 90-days) Yes, the official list says you can use income or unseasoned-money in the bank, but we just printed a 'home-made' list which you must follow at this office - or go see the agent next door (15K Baht)

let me add a few to the list

you need THE ORIGINAL CHANOTE of the house ?

What the ... ???

next would be:  OWNER has to come with you to immigration ...

next: now you need 2-3 witness to come to immigration

but all of this is not needed if you just pay 20-30-40-50.000 baht to some agent that can MAGICALLY fix all this NONSENSE

Edited by Bender Rodriguez
  • Like 1

I had a great experience with a company called Mythaivisa, picked me up from my condo in Huay Kwang, the driver  took me to the bank in Pattaya to get proof of funds, then straight to the front of the queue in immigration, had to wait 3 weeks for my passport with 15 months visa. Highly recommend definitely using them again next time.

28 minutes ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

..., had to wait 3 weeks for my passport with 15 months visa.

15 months Visa???

Do you mean an application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa followed by a 1-year extension of stay?

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you have apparently no idea what such lawyer fees are ...starting from 50.000 to lift their little finger

The going rate is 1/3 that figure,not sure why you fight the system for years if that’s been your experience. 

5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you have apparently no idea what such lawyer fees are ...starting from 50.000 to lift their little finger

There are "lawyers" / "law firms" - and then there are "agents."  For most cases - retirement and Non-O-marriage in many offices, an "agent" is sufficient, though the marriage-based costs more.   One does not need any sort of official-license to be an "agent" - just connections.

At some offices (Chiang Wattana, from what I can tell), you must hire the much more expensive "lawyer" for the Non-O marriage - though some report fees of "only" 35K for hassle-free service.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1