BANGKOK

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

let me add a few to the list

you need THE ORIGINAL CHANOTE of the house ?

What the ... ???

next would be:  OWNER has to come with you to immigration ...

next: now you need 2-3 witness to come to immigration

but all of this is not needed if you just pay 20-30-40-50.000 baht to some agent that can MAGICALLY fix all this NONSENSE

In other countries you would be using something called a Lawyer to do this for you. Over here you also can enlist the services of a lawyer, but they are not as useful as an agent.

I pay my yearly fee, and am worry free from all of that hassle. Made no sense to jump through all those hoops when there is an alternative route. I prefer to invest in high yield CD's/bonds (in my home country) which Thailand doesn't even come close to in terms of yearly interest.

I had a great experience with a company called Mythaivisa, picked me up from my condo in Huay Kwang, the driver  took me to the bank in Pattaya to get proof of funds, then straight to the front of the queue in immigration, had to wait 3 weeks for my passport with 15 months visa. Highly recommend definitely using them again next time.

43 minutes ago, JeffreyTRax said:

In other countries you would be using something called a Lawyer to do this for you. Over here you also can enlist the services of a lawyer, but they are not as useful as an agent.

I pay my yearly fee, and am worry free from all of that hassle. Made no sense to jump through all those hoops when there is an alternative route. I prefer to invest in high yield CD's/bonds (in my home country) which Thailand doesn't even come close to in terms of yearly interest.

you have apparently no idea what such lawyer fees are ...starting from 50.000 to lift their little finger

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bigtimecharlie said:

..., had to wait 3 weeks for my passport with 15 months visa.

15 months Visa???

Do you mean an application for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa followed by a 1-year extension of stay?

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

you have apparently no idea what such lawyer fees are ...starting from 50.000 to lift their little finger

The going rate is 1/3 that figure,not sure why you fight the system for years if that’s been your experience. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

There are "lawyers" / "law firms" - and then there are "agents."  For most cases - retirement and Non-O-marriage in many offices, an "agent" is sufficient, though the marriage-based costs more.   One does not need any sort of official-license to be an "agent" - just connections.

At some offices (Chiang Wattana, from what I can tell), you must hire the much more expensive "lawyer" for the Non-O marriage - though some report fees of "only" 35K for hassle-free service.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1