Nida survey shows people worried about second wave of Covid-19

webfact

Nida survey shows people worried about second wave of Covid-19

By The Nation

800_437cd68d284dff4.jpg?v=1589113279

Nearly half the people in a survey said they were worried that travelling across provinces could lead to a second outbreak of Covid-19, while most people agreed with the government's gradual loosening of lockdown measures.

The survey by the National Institute of Development Administration (Nida), released on Sunday, on "Lockdown Relaxation Measures" was conducted from May 4-7 with people aged 18 years and above in every region from various education levels and professions.

A total of 1,259 respondents answered questions regarding relaxation measures to prevent and solve the problem of the Covid-19 disease spreading.

When asked about people's opinions on easing measures to prevent and solve the Covid-19 problem, 34.39 per cent said they agreed very much because the number of people infected was very low, 49.56 per cent said they quite agreed because fewer people are infected; 9.93 per cent did not agree as the virus was still spreading and we were not out of the crisis and 6.04 per cent said they totally disagreed because they wanted the Covid-19 virus to be completely wiped out and relaxation should be postponed for another month. Some 0.08 per cent did not respond.

Regarding public concerns of a second round of infections after relaxation of measures, the survey found that 15.33 per cent said they were very worried because of public gatherings and increase in travel while people neglected social distancing, which could lead to another Covid-19 outbreak, while 47.58 per cent said they were quite worried as people travelling across provinces could spread the infection.

Around 25.73 per cent said that they were not worried because the number of people infected was going down and they had confidence in the work of the government and medical personnel.

About 11.12 per cent said they were not worried at all because the government has good preventive measures. If people and entrepreneurs cooperate with the government to strictly follow the instructions, Covid-19 will definitely go away. Some 0.24 per cent offered no opinion.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387619

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-11

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prism said:

What a negative headline. The survey also says that 83.95% support easing of the lock-down measures. 

But of course. Why do you think people write garbage headlines like this?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Nearly half the people in a survey said they were worried that travelling across provinces could lead to a second outbreak of Covid-19, while most people agreed with the government's gradual loosening of lockdown measures.

People are worried, but they are the main cause.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Around 25.73 per cent said that they were not worried because the number of people infected was going down and they had confidence in the work of the government and medical personnel.

'they had confidence in the work of the government'

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

There must have been about 300 military included in the survey too then.

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

Not knowing of one person here who was affected by the virus, and not even knowing anyone else who knew anyone, I am really puzzled about the occurrence and existence of the first wave ????

Same here and I’m in the U.K. Don’t know anyone whose had it or anyone who know others who have had it. I’m in Bristol though.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Media worldwide is in a competition for headlines... Nothing else to report on so they have to sensationalize to create doom n gloom.

Yep and this is army owned. They really want to be beggers

2 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Same here and I’m in the U.K. Don’t know anyone whose had it or anyone who know others who have had it. I’m in Bristol though.

Me too from Bristol, though in Thailand nigh on 40 years, and my brother down in Clevedon is totally taken in by all this nonsense, just don,t understand who has anything to gain by destroying the livelihoods of millions of people, except possibly someone hoping to make billions out of selling a vaccine to the believers ????

4 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Not knowing of one person here who was affected by the virus, and not even knowing anyone else who knew anyone, I am really puzzled about the occurrence and existence of the first wave ????

I guess you are not the only one, hard to find anyone who is was affected by this vicious monster virus

That's not surprising considering the thai per capita infection rate is 5 per 100,000 people, and a 1 in a million death rate

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Amazing they are worried about a virus that may kill one a week, than thai roads killing 50 a day

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Media worldwide is in a competition for headlines... Nothing else to report on so they have to sensationalize to create doom n gloom.

Yep and destroy there own country Hun Sen jails them 

Thais are story tellers. They just grab catching words to report on. Government will see the fortune teller soon

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

And create fear and panic.

People committing suicide for fear of Covid!

More and more this Covid is a mental health issue caught virtual.

Daughter made a worried face when telling me that a fifth case was detected in Khon Kaen (sometime ago).

12 hours ago, webfact said:

6.04 per cent said they totally disagreed because they wanted the Covid-19 virus to be completely wiped out

If it acts like SARS and MERS, maybe they will get their wants. If it acts like a cold (also a chronavirus), it'll be here for a long time. Will they still keep the malls closed?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

6.04 per cent said they totally disagreed because they wanted the Covid-19 virus to be completely wiped out and relaxation should be postponed for another month

Demonstrating that 6.04% of those surveyed had room temperature IQs.

Surely the common sense thing to do will be that people who need to travel for whatever reason need to be tested before they are allowed to do so.

Otherwise a second wave of C19 could or maybe happen.