Busted: Police on Koh Samui raid "farang owned" beachside bar - 22 Thai and foreign patrons arrested

webfact

Clearly youth imagining 

A ) They are invincible

B ) Its all gone, won’t happen here.

C ) Stupid curfew, it’s not a real law.

D ) Ne port a qua / mai pen rai

E ) Je suise tres especial!

F ) nerd espace!

Edited by animatic

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Yes, they will severely punish the foreigners, the Thais maybe a B500 baht fine and a wai and a further B250 if they were not wearing a motorbike helmet.

Why would you wear a helmet in a bar/ restaurant?

That's taking the PPE thing a bit far.

• Haha 2

I know this is cliche to say but seeing how there seems to be ongoing 'inconviences' for foriegners trying to enjoy their trip and 'pasttime' not to mention come to spend, I can see how many folks will begin to form more a negative view about here.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, brain150 said:

Clearly laws need to be followed no matter how idiotic they are !

Just like the economy needs to be ruined no matter how many people will suffer !

Now as a matter of fact idiotic laws come from idiotic lawmakers for idiots to follow !

And there are many idiots who actually love to see completely idiotic laws being enforced by idiots

so that the idiots can feel like good law abiding people ... and not as idiots.

The only thing missing is any evidence of a Pandemic or any scientific evidence that any of the

measures actually work. According to the WHO they don't !

But idiots also believe that 3000 Corona Cases [Government number] for more than 1000 hospitals in Thailand

brings down the health system and nurses and doctors are working at their limits ... with 3 cases per hospital !!!

... not sure if it can get any worse in case of Idiocracy !!!

just goes to show how some idiots will always try to break the law or rules. 

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:
3 hours ago, steven100 said:

actually if it's a business registered as a bar then they were breaking the laws from the start as bars are not allowed to open as yet, restaurants are but bars are not, secondly they were selling alcohol which is forbidden anyway ....  so the french man is in deep sh_it 

"selling alcohol which is forbidden anyway " update pls.

Any places open legally at the moment cannot sell alcohol for consumption on the premises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dararasmi said:

Statutes aside, they should be arrested for dressing like that after sundown.

I think the days when you dress in your 3 piece suite just to pop out and buy the paper are long gone old boy. Drinking in a bar on a beach in a tropical climate then perfectly acceptable clothing. ????

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

There was a similar report about Pussycat bar in Pattaya in TVF recently. 5 Thais 3 farangs arrested in identical circumstances. All but the owner were fined 2k baht. Thais and farangs.

Just like that 50k frenchman ?

15 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I think the days when you dress in your 3 piece suite just to pop out and buy the paper are long gone old boy. Drinking in a bar on a beach in a tropical climate then perfectly acceptable clothing. ????

I've never owned/worn a suit in my life and I would never patronize any type of business establishment that had a dress code. "Dressed up", to me, is jeans with no holes and a shirt with buttons. What I'm alluding to is the lack of class and dignity. It all looks so...scummy.

Edited by Dararasmi
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, brain150 said:

Clearly laws need to be followed no matter how idiotic they are !

Just like the economy needs to be ruined no matter how many people will suffer !

Now as a matter of fact idiotic laws come from idiotic lawmakers for idiots to follow !

And there are many idiots who actually love to see completely idiotic laws being enforced by idiots

so that the idiots can feel like good law abiding people ... and not as idiots.

The only thing missing is any evidence of a Pandemic or any scientific evidence that any of the

measures actually work. According to the WHO they don't !

But idiots also believe that 3000 Corona Cases [Government number] for more than 1000 hospitals in Thailand

brings down the health system and nurses and doctors are working at their limits ... with 3 cases per hospital !!!

... not sure if it can get any worse in case of Idiocracy !!!

I will try and explain it to you. The government do have less cases to contend with then other countries so I believe they should start to relax the restrictions now whilst still ensuring some precautions. However the reason why they are doing it is not to tackle the current situation, it is to try and avoid and big outbreak that is not a joke. This may be hard for you to understand as you seem to be on the side of denial regarding the existence of the pandemic. As for you claiming the WHO don't think it exists or that the lockdown will do nothing that is total nonsense. The virus is rampant throughout the world, it is too late to stop that, however we can suppress it to try and slow the spread and keep the health systems from falling over and therefore saving lives. When this is all over sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future there will be countless studies conducted on this global crisis, I wonder how many of the idiotic people who denied it's severity or even very existence will still be around spouting their rubbish... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dararasmi said:

I've never owned/worn a suit in my life and I would never patronize any type of business establishment that had a dress code. "Dressed up", to me, is jeans with no holes and a shirt with buttons. What I'm alluding to is the lack of class and dignity. It all looks so...scummy.

As I said those attitudes are long gone, you refer to ripped jeans and t shirts as innapropriate dress code for a beach bar in Thailand but actually it is perfectly acceptable, it's called dressing down. Oh and like it or not ripped jeans are fashionable nowadays. Why you think someone dressing down lacks dignity tells me you either don't understand the word or you are horribly snobbish.. ????????

2 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Groggy thought he can get away with it but not in Bophut .Many there are suffering and they will not let you enjoy such a luxury without punishment. 

This is in Lamai not Bophut.