Busted: Police on Koh Samui raid "farang owned" beachside bar - 22 Thai and foreign patrons arrested

webfact

12 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

As I said those attitudes are long gone, you refer to ripped jeans and t shirts as innapropriate dress code for a beach bar in Thailand but actually it is perfectly acceptable, it's called dressing down. Oh and like it or not ripped jeans are fashionable nowadays. Why you think someone dressing down lacks dignity tells me you either don't understand the word or you are horribly snobbish.. ????????

And elephant pants?

1 hour ago, animatic said:

Clearly youth imagining 

A ) They are invincible

B ) Its all gone, won’t happen here.

C ) Stupid curfew, it’s not a real law.

D ) Ne port a qua / mai pen rai

E ) Je suise tres especial!

F ) nerd espace!

"Mon tailleur est pauvre" (*) for what you are concerned, "animatic".

Why try, when you don't have a clue?

C'est n'importe quoi (D), tu es très ordinaire (E), espace rosbif (F)?

Buy-buy ...some "Assimil" (* English for French speakers started with "My tailor is rich")  

13 minutes ago, pjuk said:

This is in Lamai not Bophut.

Well...that's put paid to "Mickey Mouse"...

..and most of them get paid.If you do not understand this then you are the one who is delusional.

Edited by Odysseus123

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

actually if it's a business registered as a bar then they were breaking the laws from the start as bars are not allowed to open as yet, restaurants are but bars are not, secondly they were selling alcohol which is forbidden anyway ....  so the french man is in deep sh_it 

Selling alcohol is forbidden ? By who? The Governor of Surat Thani ? 

They just make it up as they go along ! 

• Sad 1

What a bunch of plonkers........commenting in this thread.

Why you not all go and try it in your home country and see what happens?

Several of your home countries you aren't even allowed outside your house 24/7

• Thanks 1

becoming more tired by the day of the global Enforcement of repugnant disgusting authoritarian facist dogma and beliefs, let’s face it the Gestapo PIGs have zero grey matter and take their orders from a tribal mentality of the top dog, chief, master oblivious conditioned belief system. Stalin and Mao would have a field day here. 

Sad psychopathic sickos ! 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Susco said:

Well you are..............May I call you Plonker.........?  ????.....................????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

selling alcohol from a business registered as bar is not allowed and selling alcohol from a restaurant and consuming it on site is not permitted.  

is this actually the big P man disguised as Steve lol? 

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

actually if it's a business registered as a bar then they were breaking the laws from the start as bars are not allowed to open as yet, restaurants are but bars are not, secondly they were selling alcohol which is forbidden anyway ....  so the french man is in deep sh_it 

Psml yup he’s cream crackered or fcked ooooh I hope a snowflake doesn’t give me a warning for saying fcked ????????????????????

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

The 2nd picture in the original article describes the situation there better. There is nothing to add anymore. If the police doesn't punish them accordingly then better forget the law. 

There is barely any law on Samui, Phangan and Dark Tao. The bar owner will be punished. The patrons will be asked for donations, according to what they can afford. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

another "motorbike helmet logic" farang! lol.

1. Its not your country so you are expected to behave yourself and abide the law ESPECIALLY during a global crisis. Otherwise, leave.

2. Your income is probably much more than the income of many Thais.

3. A small fine plus a reprimand by a police will work for a Thai. You and most farang however, wont be impressed by a police reprimanding you (you robably would ridicule him on Thaivisa) and a small fine. ONLY a stiff punishment will make you listen and obey.

Really, so how come the small fines for the locals doesn't work....?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Wow...what an opportunity for some nice bonus pay for police.  Wonder how they determine the distribution of funds?

what an unfair and cynical comment.

it would be VERY UNFAIR to other (farang and thai) bar owners who DO comply with these crisis laws, for allowing one clever farang to open his bar. ever think about the other ppl who DO comply?

Police doing a GREAT and difficult job. WE FARANG should not make it more difficult by disobeying and ridiculing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Susco said:

where is that?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Ripped jeans I can tolerate, clown pants are for fancy dress parties. Ever seen a Thai wearing them in a bar?

I hav'nt, but I did use to work with a Thai guy who wore those really baggy, thin cotton, red, gold and green, Bob Marley trousers. We had an open area on the roof where I would go and smoke cigarettes and he would smoke a bong. He did get the sack shortly after I left the place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

where is that?

You been living under a rock for the past month?

Spain has had that rule for 2 months I believe. Only allowed outside to go to the supermarket ALONE, not even with your wife, and only 1 person at the time in the shop. They have last week eased the rules, but extended state of emergency because new cases increased again after easing of the rules.

In Belgium you were not allowed to visit other homes, they are now considering easing it, in so far that you can visit but not more than 4 people allowed in the house

A UK friend message me this 2 weeks ago.

covid 19 is pissing me off, getting pulled in by cops for driving car out 2k from my home.

These are the rules starting 18th this month in the UK

image.png.1b4615099523ff890239d02248f1e1fd.png

Edited by Susco

1 minute ago, Susco said:

You been living under a rock for the past month?

Spain has had that rule for 2 months I believe. Only allowed outside to fo to the supermarket ALONE, not even with your wife, and only 1 person at the time in the shop.They have last week eased the rules, but extended state of emergency because new cases increased again after easing of the rules.

In Belgium you were not allowed to visit other homes, they are now considering easing it, in so far that you can visit but not more than 4 people allowed in the house

A UK friend message me this 2 weeks ago.

covid 19 is pissing me off, getting pulled in by cops for driving car out 2k from my home.

These are the rules starting 18th this month in the UK

image.png.1b4615099523ff890239d02248f1e1fd.png

LOS does not have the problems of western EU countries...Its problems are the same as those other countries of this peninsular, mild...