Pattaya: Gang of young people trash convenience store and car because owner wouldn't sell them booze

webfact

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So if one of these places that are selling beer had a bar fight and someone got glassed in the face, who's fault would that be?

Here's a clue - if bar not open, fight not happen, yes / no / phone a friend?

You need to go outside and have a word with yourself. ????

• Confused 1

With little to no law enforcement and usually no real consequences to an action it will never change here.

Not what you know, its who you know and who's got the deeper pocket.

Disgusting approach, that wont be changing any time soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

So if one of these places that are selling beer had a bar fight and someone got glassed in the face, who's fault would that be?

Here's a clue - if bar not open, fight not happen, yes / no / phone a friend?

it is the fault of the person who is burying glass in somebody else's face...no matter where it was or who was open. Dont rationalize bad behavior by saying "But what about". People should take responsibility for their actions and no blame it on an establishment being open.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

it is the fault of the person who is burying glass in somebody else's face...no matter where it was or who was open. Dont rationalize bad behavior by saying "But what about". People should take responsibility for their actions and no blame it on an establishment being open.

ok.

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I do hope the "gang" take the time to visit their local temple to make some merit and seek Buddha's forgiveness for their mindless act of stupidity! ????

I trust the store owner is suitably annoyed and has friends who can teach them the error of there ways, one by one, let the gang leader wait until last let him perspire  a bit.

There job sorted.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The store owner's daughter Thipthida said that a group of young people had gone to the store at 11 pm on Saturday night wanting alcohol. 

Her father refused as it was curfew time

While I have a touch of sympathy for the family... it begs the question, why was the shop open after curfew hours?

Or why did the family open the doors to them if it was shut?

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Spike some bottles of alcohol with poison , for when they come back again to buy some more . 

What a most brilliant idea, top of the class goes Nanaplaza666

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't disagree with your last sentence and all your other comments may be true, the following may also be true:

They were open beyond the curfew time coz they were trying to make an extra bit of cash when all their competitors were closed....

They also could have been open because they are on a major road H/way 36 and some key workers are allowed to be out at these times, perhaps they are providing a service to them, as a former night worker I appreciated the late night and 24 hour stores in the UK. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

They also could have been open because they are on a major road H/way 36 and some key workers are allowed to be out at these times, perhaps they are providing a service to them, as a former night worker I appreciated the late night and 24 hour stores in the UK. 

doubt it.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thailand does not need any help from foreigners in trashing the image of Thailand, as the Thai hoodlums do a good enough job of it.  What a bunch of FAss Holes....

This article will only be read by a couple of hundred elderly men. They/we already

have an opinion on Thailand and very much doubt such news will change that.

Therefore the image of Thailand will remain much the same.

13 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It was here on TVF that one poster wrote about the most humble, meek, and accommodating Thai people...

Still laughing at that one...????

It is possible he first came here in 1980s, I did and can see how one would then believe that. Here we are 2 generations later and they have been changed by progress and outside influences!

7 hours ago, Ketyo said:

Banning alcohol and keeping curfews in place when covid transmission is ultra low causes social disorder.

What you say doesn't really apply to this scenario though does it? Alcohol can be sold until quite late and likely these youths  had already found some previously. A shop owner had closed up his shop and didn't want to be bullied into selling late. 

The curfew is meant to keep such groups at least close to home.