Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Rayong: Teen found dead apparently electrocuted by phone charger/extension cord

Recommended Posts

Rayong: Teen found dead apparently electrocuted by phone charger/extension cord

 

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

 

Muang Rayong police were called by a rescue foundation after a 15 year old boy was found dead outside an upstairs bedroom in a house in the downtown area.

 

The boy was lying on a phone charger that was attached to an extension cord. 

 

His distraught father said that his eldest boy had called him to come home from the mattress shop where he worked after finding his younger sibling unresponsive. 

 

The father said that he was on the verge of getting a computer table for his son because he didn't like him working on the floor. 

 

He said he had warned him about lying down with the phone charger by his body. 

 

His son had finished M3 and was about to enter the fourth grade of secondary school when the school term eventually starts. 

 

77kaoded reported that there was no sign of foul play and it appeared the boy had been electrocuted. 

 

Source: 77kaoded

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-11
 
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Again a phone charger takes a life.

Is it a bit of tape around the cable?

 

RIP young boy.

 

20200511_105200.jpg

20200511_105840.jpg

Edited by OnTheGround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

basic electric infrastructure here worries me, the careless attitude many locals have to electricity really scares me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is really really sad .... the boy was only 15yrs old and probably a good boy. His brother found him and tried to arouse him however he was already dead from being electrocuted.

If he only knew it was dangerous to lay on top or right next to his charger connection this would never have happened. The family must be so distraught now, can you imagine ...

RIP YOUNG MAN.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a bit of tape around the cable?

 

No, it looks like a loop of red string to me....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn sad thing ☹️
a good reason to do everything possible to ban and remove these cheap faulty chargers (I guess mostly made in China?) from Thailand. Bit difficult to do I guess but goodness me something needs doing about this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Again a phone charger takes a life.

Is it a bit of tape around the cable?

 

RIP young boy.

 

20200511_105200.jpg

20200511_105840.jpg

But that is on the low voltage side and wouldn't make a fly jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Damn sad thing ☹️
a good reason to do everything possible to ban and remove these cheap faulty chargers (I guess mostly made in China?) from Thailand. Bit difficult to do I guess but goodness me something needs doing about this! 

I think you'll find the official chargers and all the iphones are made in China too.

Apple - making China great again eh?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Again a phone charger takes a life.

Is it a bit of tape around the cable?

 

RIP young boy.

 

20200511_105200.jpg

20200511_105840.jpg

Not the clearest photos in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the chargers that are the problem the type you see in the 20 baht shops.

Stay away from them .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samsensam said:

 

basic electric infrastructure here worries me, the careless attitude many locals have to electricity really scares me.

I'm not sure if I'm going to die on the roads or because of the electricity, but there's a good chance it will be one or the other in Thailand.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP. Its a sad story, kids all over need to be warned about this. It doesn't help with all the fake chargers and cables on the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...