Video: Female motorcycle lucky to escape injury after illegal U-turn maneuver

webfact

Video: Female motorcycle lucky to escape injury after illegal U-turn maneuver

10pm.jpg

Picture: Trat online

Dash cam footage supplied to the Thai media showed the moment a female motorcyclist was lucky to escape injury after she performed an illegal maneuver at a U-turn in Trat in Thailand's eastern region. 

She had crossed busy Sukhumvit Road near a school in Saeng Tung sub-district. 

Several pick-ups were forced to come to a sudden halt and take evasive action as the motorcyclist crossed the road and tried to nip around a barrier. 

She was not even wearing a helmet and drove off as if nothing had happened. 

She had nearly caused carnage at the accident blackspot, said 77kaoded, who reported that she was lucky not to be killed or cause the death of other road users. 

The U-turn is a well known spot where motorists - particularly motorcyclists - continue to flout road rules. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-11

One of million illegal u turns and other road rules infringements that happens everyday, some by yours truly... Bad boy bad boy what you gonna do when they come for you....

Edited by ezzra

Yesterday, while I was on my scooter ( not a motorcycle OK ?  )  A police car comes out of a Soi without looking ( As everyone often do ! ) Whether there was someone else on the roads, I nearly crashed into them ! They didn’t even realise since they weren’t looking out at all or couldn’t give a damn better put.

Clearly they don’t know any better it doesn’t matter who’s driving here. People die every day as result of not looking who’s around them whilst driving (  Sleeping on the wheels actually ) Unable to drive in a straight line for a few hundred yards hence being distracted by their phones/TV and whomever they’ve got in their vehicles.

They always get away with a murder literally ! Sadly in this country whether is traffic law enforcement or else, they hardly ever pay the consequences of their actions since they’re biased defending and protecting always their own people. Unfair and unjust to say the least..☹️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

These are the most idiotic U-turns to begin with.  

What genius thought it was a good idea to U-turn into the fast lane on the other side to begin with?

Show this situation to a nanny state resident (Nutbush?).

Eight lane high speed highway dividing populated area/town.

No speed limit enforced, no lights.

Brainless, careless. Here they still worship free race for free Thais (on four wheels).

Wonder how many have died over the years.

Not much different from the frigging dangerous ride on Sukhumvit Pattaya.

Pitch dark...turn on to an on-ramp to access a major hwy...there sat a motorcycle with Thai male heading in the wrong direction with no lights on.

It was his lucky day...I missed him by inches...did not see him soon enough to avoid a possible tragedy...still angers me...this insane idea that motorbike operators do not have to follow the rules of the road...

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-deadliest-country-for-motorcyclists

cheating death seems to be her favorite past-time. after narrowly escaping one lane, she does the exact same thing on the other. not to diminish her stupidity though, that pick-up with the tall load also had no business driving that fast. that area has city limits (50kph), but hey speed limits are merely prescriptive and are rarely followed.

This the very reason I have dash-cams in my Car and on my Motorcycle.

The atrocious road design is also the reason for many of the accidents and compounded by ineffective policing.

The speeds at which the traffic is passing though this town is also a major factor.

All of these traffic flaws can be improved upon with relative ease if those in the correct positions were bothered enough to do something about it.

Lack of budget is probably a major factor, however, the BiB could make a killing in fines if they just got up and did something.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Pitch dark...turn on to an on-ramp to access a major hwy...there sat a motorcycle with Thai male heading in the wrong direction with no lights on.

It was his lucky day...I missed him by inches...did not see him soon enough to avoid a possible tragedy...still angers me...this insane idea that motorbike operators do not have to follow the rules of the road...

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-deadliest-country-for-motorcyclists

They do have to but choose not to, shame you missed  him, but somebody else will succeed for sure. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Several pick-ups were forced to come to a sudden halt and take evasive action as the motorcyclist crossed the road and tried to nip around a barrier.

Lucky escape this time around, seems she'll live to die another day.

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

The reason for the 80% FATALITY RATE for motorcycles is very clear .

They have to continue that way, keep the statics high.

No further comments.

When you come from a western country, got your driving lecence after exercise for more than 1 year, and have to renew your license in Thailand, sitting in the classroom to see stupid movies, while everybody sleeping.....

What can I say more?

• Like 1

U turns are death traps. More traffic lights needed. Roundabouts have their place too, however, because Thais drive so poorly they don't know how to use them. Speed kills. Both Traffic Lights and Roundabouts would help to decrease dangerous speed especially in urban areas where most of the U turns are problematic 

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm rather disappointed that she didn't kill herself when she tried so hard to do so. Only a matter of time until she gets it right, I'd guess. Someone that stupid really can't be expected to survive for much longer.

Problem is because of her stupidity innocent people could have been killed. She needs naming and shaming and banning from driving. Highly likely she had no driving license. Complete idiot.

• Like 1