‘Million-strong’ swarm of insects drives couple out of their Uthai Thani home

webfact

‘Million-strong’ swarm of insects drives couple out of their Uthai Thani home

By The Nation

800_76cb2a51b6919b7.jpg?v=1589173208

An Uthai Thani house is under attack by a swarm of “stinking” insects after a heavy downpour in the province last night (May 10).

KfYq3a4PNOllSEIC_083835.jpg

Most of the insects are local beetles, which have now taken over the house, attaching themselves to the floor, walls and ceiling.

Hapless house owner Jetsada Phaibong, 39, and his wife said they tried to frantically sweep the countless insects away but have become too tired to continue.

zgeNZ25q5YwSIiVM_083901.jpg

They believe the insects might number close to a million. The couple also resorted to using insecticide, but to no avail – the tough little insects are still very much alive.

To add to the couple’s misery, the beetles are letting off an unpleasant odour and creeping all over the place, and have forced the owners to sleep outside their house.

S0wi55RpE6Gz5nPn_084017.jpg

The couple have asked local officials to promptly get rid of the insects so that they can reclaim their home.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387651

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-11

• Sad 4

31 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

We used to get them in the jungle in Indonesia, Stinkbugs they called them, sometimes half an inch deep around lightbulbs but completely harmless ????

must be one of many variants of Harlequin bug? 

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Amen.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Enoon said:

.........but those who go unto the bars and do themselves fornicate therein and wasteth their seed therein, and also do transport the women of the bars upon their motorcycles to their rather nice and reasonably priced dwellings, or do hooketh up with the women of the bars online to call them to those dwellings wherein they also do fornicate and wasteth their seed shall not be forgiven for they have transgressed against... etc....etc.

I'm sure the Old Testament never mentioned bars or motorcycles but the rest I recognise.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

You should stop reading fiction.