Framingham State University.

Hi, has anyone completed the Framingham State University Masters in Education at one the Bangkok venues (Wells/Christian)? It looks like a great way to get a Masters.

I have heard that there are comprehensive exams on the cohorts. Can anyone confirm this? It would also be nice for any comments from graduates, was it a good or bad experience?

I have searched the forums but didn't come up with much... Just looking for anyone's experience before I begin.

Have a great day, thanks very much!

Yes, I know one person who did it a few years ago. The main problem he has found along with people he met on the course is there is basically no real career progression once finished.

He is still working at the same EP school in Bangkok he was working at before with a slight salary increase. It depends what your aim is here once you've finished it. If your aim is to try to get into the international school circuit where the real money is then from what he has told me it does not seem likely at all with an online Masters. Any international school worth working in strictly require a PGCE + QTS as well as home country teaching experience.

If you want to do it just for the learning and achievement then I would assume it would be fine. 

7 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Yes, I know one person who did it a few years ago. The main problem he has found along with people he met on the course is there is basically no real career progression once finished.

He is still working at the same EP school in Bangkok he was working at before with a slight salary increase. It depends what your aim is here once you've finished it. If your aim is to try to get into the international school circuit where the real money is then from what he has told me it does not seem likely at all with an online Masters. Any international school worth working in strictly require a PGCE + QTS as well as home country teaching experience.

If you want to do it just for the learning and achievement then I would assume it would be fine. 

Thank you for the comments BobbyL. Much appreciated.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:07 PM, damascase said:

Looking for a degree from a non-existent institution - doesn’t that automatically disqualify you for any academic title other than a bought one?

Farminton is a fake university. 

Framingham, on the other hand, is a real university that offers both on-campus and online classes.