Anyone flying into Bangkok first week of June? Covid test?

I am stuck outside of Thailand but have to be back for my job in Bangkok around June 15. (I've got a work permit). I've got a flight landing at Suwarnaphoom June 3.

Anyone flying into BKK the first week of June or so? I've got a Thai version of a FIT to FLY form now.  But  a Thai woman from the Embassy here in the States said we will need a negative COVID test result in conjunction with this form. I think she is assuming, because right now there seems to be no updated info from the government specifically for the normal  passenger flights that are being booked by the airlines into Bangkok now starting June  1.  Anyone know if we will for sure need a Covid test result prior to getting on the plane? Also, if you are flying in June - are you preparing to be quarantine for 14 days upon arrival? They still have 1000s of Thais trying to get back now in May - I wonder if they will have rooms in specified hotels available in June?  I am ready to quarantine - but am dreading being assigned a random roommate from the plane. Does anyone have any upfront info on the 14 day quarantine? I am hoping they would let work permit holders to self-quarantine at their own residence, which is what S. Korea is doing now. (Doubtful I know). 

The rule that allowed work permit holders to enter is no longer valid going by the IATA requirements where it showed up before.

THAILAND -- published 27.04.2020
Flights to Thailand are suspended.
- This does not apply to state or military aircraft, emergency landing, technical landing without disembarkation, humanitarian aid, medical, relief and repatriation flights. Passengers are subject to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Airline crew must observe self-quarantine during their stay until the next flight schedule.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

2 minutes ago, at15 said:

planning to come mid june, not preparing for any requirements though until stated. why would they make things more difficult, they dont want to fly empty planes. 

Airlines fly planes but they don't make the entrance rules.

• Like 1

Yes I understand that a work permit holder can no longer get in to Thailand, but I am thinking that after May 31, work permit holders might fall into the category of people allowed in those first weeks of June. This was the case when Thailand first closed its border in March. 

1 hour ago, JoeGuitar said:

Yes I understand that a work permit holder can no longer get in to Thailand, but I am thinking that after May 31, work permit holders might fall into the category of people allowed in those first weeks of June. This was the case when Thailand first closed its border in March. 

You'll have to wait and see.  All up in the air right now and better not to get your hopes up, JoeGuitar.  

In a similar position, work-permit holder outside the country trying to get back in. While work permit holders have been mentioned as being those who might be let in and I've heard it's been discussed, I certainly wouldn't be making bookings or guessing what will happen or what conditions will need to be met after May 31st. Wait until CAAT make an announcement. I would imagine foreigners would have to pay for quarantine accommodation. 

3 hours ago, hafler30 said:

In a similar position, work-permit holder outside the country trying to get back in. While work permit holders have been mentioned as being those who might be let in and I've heard it's been discussed, I certainly wouldn't be making bookings or guessing what will happen or what conditions will need to be met after May 31st. Wait until CAAT make an announcement. I would imagine foreigners would have to pay for quarantine accommodation. 

I have no choice - my employer instructed me to book a flight and get back to work. I was told by 2 other Thai embassy / consulate people at different offices that a Covid test will be necessary, so that might be a clue. I'm looking into it now. The other requirement  mentioned by the London Embassy is the need to obtain Covid health insurance. Looking into that now, too. I have a Thai government hospital card - asking my employer now if that will satisfy the requirement. 

5 hours ago, JoeGuitar said:

I have no choice - my employer instructed me to book a flight and get back to work.

Book a flight at your employer's expense is fine.  But your employer also requires to understand that arrival is dependent on LOS government orders.  End of.  

They sound a bit dim, if I'm honest.  

• Like 1

@Joe G and @at15

At this time (until 30th June), with the possibility it could be extended again, no international flight passengers are allowed except for Thai citizens and essential personnel. No foreigners (except for diplomats, and essential personnel) are allowed to enter (doesn't matter whether you have WP's, Family, Covit/fit to fly certificates, Insurance etc, or if your employer tells you to come back to work).

Yes it obviously sucks for the many people caught under this rule. Therefore the earliest  people falling into this category will be allowed to enter is probably late July or early August, and that's providing there is no 2nd wave. What restrictions or quarantines will be force then is anyone's guess.

PS. Apparently any exceptions to the above rules can only be approved by the PM.

Hope this helps in your future return arrangements.