Info via ‘14Days Application’ required from passengers at Chiang Mai Int’l Airport

webfact

Info via ‘14Days Application’ required from passengers at Chiang Mai Int’l Airport

By Pattaya Mail

t-05-Info-via-%E2%80%9814Days-Applicatio

Bangkok, 11 May, 2020– The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) would like to inform travelers planning trips by air to Chiang Mai that, starting 12 May, 2020, all passengers at Chiang Mai International Airport are required to provide their personal information via the official “14Days Application” Line account.

Passengers can complete their information prior to arriving at the airport and notify their purpose of entry into Chiang Mai. Upon arrival, passengers are to “check-in” and present the QR code to the officers at the screening point, and report to the local communicable disease control officers.

While in Chiang Mai, all visitors are to share/update their location each time they leave their accommodation/residence, or otherwise share their location once a day.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/info-via-14days-application-required-from-passengers-at-chiang-mai-intl-airport-299169

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-05-12

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

an/or does it mean people can temporarily leave their accommodation (shopping, visit Imm. office, etc.), as long as they advise their exit from and return to their accommodation via the app?

Does anybody know where to locate this app to install it now?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SMEinBangkok said:

Given the nature of CM officials' reaction to the virus, and their subsequent treatment of foreigners, I will NOT under any circumstances be returning there...for any reason.  Yes, I know I'm just one person, but there's no way I'm going to reward their xenophobia with a single baht out of my pocket.

What he said! 

• Like 2

This may sound strange, but it's true. 

IF you download LINE app on your computer first, then try to do it with your account on the phone, it says you can only do this if you delete all your contacts (and start over). 

I put LINE on my computer first, not knowing about this bizarre arrangement. So I will never put LINE on my phone, therefore, I can't use this app. 

I am not clear why this is called "14 days application." I don't see anything on the English version about 14 days. 

Since only domestic flights are operating, what about arrivals via car or bus or train? 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Wait until the Chinese hoards start returning. System will break down pretty quick.

I'm pretty sure that when Group Tours starts to operate normally, there is no need for this app anymore.

System is already flawed......

Who wants to bet me that the guy who came up with this app is the same guy who developed the 90-day report online app? 

(They'll get it working in a couple of years....)

Edited by Trujillo

6 hours ago, SMEinBangkok said:

Given the nature of CM officials' reaction to the virus, and their subsequent treatment of foreigners, I will NOT under any circumstances be returning there...for any reason.  Yes, I know I'm just one person, but there's no way I'm going to reward their xenophobia with a single baht out of my pocket.

You wouldnt like it here anyway. The locals are not keen on Bangkokians because they dont spend anything and they they cant drive and the air quality is really bad .......Oh .. hang on ... that was about 6 weeks ago 

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

This may sound strange, but it's true. 

IF you download LINE app on your computer first, then try to do it with your account on the phone, it says you can only do this if you delete all your contacts (and start over). 

I put LINE on my computer first, not knowing about this bizarre arrangement. So I will never put LINE on my phone, therefore, I can't use this app. 

I am not clear why this is called "14 days application." I don't see anything on the English version about 14 days. 

Since only domestic flights are operating, what about arrivals via car or bus or train? 

I can't download the app anyway, since my phone is Chinese and blocks all apps from Google Play. A paper form would thus be provided instead.

What they don't tell you, once given GPS permissions for the App, which you will need to do, they can always check on your location.
This better be something very temporary, I will not live in a place where I need to do such thing.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 2

Was anybody successful to use this app?
When I scanned the QR code, the Line app opened and the '14days Application' official account was added to my contacts.
Clicking on it only brings me to an empty chat page.
What should I do next? Can anybody help?