entering thailand from europe

NACHALUAY

Right now, zero unless you are a returning Thai in which case contact the Thai embassy in your location for details.

As to what the requirements will be once international arrivals are again permitted remains to be seen.

I can understand the reluctance to accept vaccination but why no tests?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yes, why don't you want to be tested ?? 

I've done 2 now, both negative which I'm a bit disappointed about !!

As a matter of interest why have you been tested. I have not even thought about getting tested at all, let alone twice. Are you a bit OCD or do you have underlying health conditions? As for being disappointed, are you crazy?

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Tested for anitbodies, twice because apparently that's the protocol !! No underlying conditions and disappointed because it would be nice to have been exposed to the virus already and gained the antibodies... As for OCD, I like a tidy desk but that's about it ????????

You have to wait at least 4 weeks before testing will provide any results.

They still not understand the virus and the anti bodies.

Be aware that some people are tested positive false. About 20% they say.

The test have to taken after 4 weeks and then again after 4 weeks.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

You have to wait at least 4 weeks before testing will provide any results.

They still not understand the virus and the anti bodies.

Be aware that some people are tested positive false. About 20% they say.

The test have to taken after 4 weeks and then again after 4 weeks.

I don't think there are any reliable tests yet for antibodies !! The tests we were asked to take were supposed to be done twice in 2 weeks to allow for incorrect results. All came back negative though both times !! 

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Refuse to consider any tests or vaccination.

Thankfully, no chance of entry for you.

Airlines will  be looking for a way to protect themselves once air travel resumes. Part of the solution will be evidence of testing and vaccination, just like they do with  something  like yellow fever or polio in some countries. No evidence of vaccine or test, then no access to  the aircraft.

Airlines are flying allready across borders.No testing or anything.Not even social distancing.KLM and Eva is flying out of Bangkok 3 times a week.No distancing on KLM flight 1 week ago.What they requier for landing in Bangkok is yet to be seen in the end of the month.

• Like 1

Would sir like a nice 5 star hotel for his quarantine as well? Sea view maybe? Limousine from the airport? Team of butlers provided to wait on you hand and foot while you isolate? 3* Michelin chef to prepare your food?

20 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

In which country? I'd love to get tested as I'm 99% sure I've already had Covid-19. I don't think they do the tests here in Japan.

Singapore. Can buy the tests from certain clinics. We used Camtech tests.

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

In which country? I'd love to get tested as I'm 99% sure I've already had Covid-19. I don't think they do the tests here in Japan.

Japan is certainly testing, just under 220,000 to date. You may we’ll be unable to get either a private or government test though as it’s a tiny percentage of the population.

6 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There are no reliable antibody tests yet. What you can buy on the internet may likely be c...p. 

Just now, Letseng said:

There are no reliable antibody tests yet. What you can buy on the internet may likely be c...p. 

There are non-antibody tests showing if you are positive right now.

10 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Singapore. Can buy the tests from certain clinics. We used Camtech tests.

The Camtech test is an antibody test.

A negative antibody test result can mean one of the following:

1. You are not infected with SARS-CoV-2.
  2. You have recently been infected with SARS-CoV-2 but have no antibodies yet.
  3. You were infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the past and recovered but may no longer be protected from future infection with SARS-CoV-2.

Recent published findings on patients admitted to the hospital with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection indicated that the
median time to seroconversion was 11–14 days. 

It is not known for certain whether individuals infected with SARS–CoV-2 who subsequently recover will be protected,
either fully or partially, from future infection with SARS–CoV-2 or how long protective immunity may last. Therefore, it is
important to understand the presence of antibodies to better manage patient care.

Source: hhttps://www.corelaboratory.abbott/int/en/offerings/segments/infectious-disease/sars-cov-2

Edited by Puccini

3 hours ago, Captor said:

There are non-antibody tests showing if you are positive right now.

I agree.

The novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is a newly emerging virus. The antibody response in infected patient remains largely unknown, and the clinical values of antibody testing have not been fully demonstrated. Methods A total of 173 patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection were enrolled. Their serial plasma samples (n = 535) collected during the hospitalization period were tested for total antibodies (Ab), IgM and IgG against SARS-CoV-2 using immunoassays. The dynamics of antibodies with the progress and severity of disease was analyzed. Findings Among 173 patients, the seroconversion rate for Ab, IgM and IgG was 93.1% (161/173), 82.7% (143/173) and 64.7% (112/173), respectively. Twelve patients who had not seroconverted were those only blood samples at the early stage of illness were collected. The seroconversion sequentially appeared for Ab, IgM and then IgG, with a median time of 11, 12 and 14 days, respectively. The presence of antibodies was < 40% among patients in the first 7 days of illness, and then rapidly increased to 100.0%, 94.3% and 79.8% for Ab, IgM and IgG respectively since day 15 after onset.

Source: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.02.20030189v1