when can the South east Asia regional travel can start again: I say June

JohnBZ

• 1 month later...

Not any time soon I fear, my gut tells me given the hike in infection & hospitalisation figures rolling in from some parts of Europe and with as yet unknown virus responses from the easing of restrictions in badly effected countries in Europe there other countries in Europe beginning to show rises e.g Germany and we all know whats happened in Sweden in the last month, add to this the alarming numbers in the America's, and with China (Beijing) also having a cluster in this most populated city (with not much info coming out of there that I have found) and who knows where all this will end up.

I doubt if Prayut will follow through with the discussion on option for plans to create an 'Asean Bubble', and my gut tells me that the discussed ideas of allowing Chinese folks in again soon will be shelved. I have my doubts that Australia or New  Zealand will allow travel here or there anytime soon either (other than the strict business, educational, and other long term stayers) to leave and enter Australia or NZ (with current mandatory quarantine of 14 days) for anywhere including Thailand. 

As for me I'm doing a bit around the country e.g. few days bike explore/tour, flight to BKK for a week of the high life and nice hotel but otherwise not even contemplating going O/S.

3 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I'm hoping at least through September so we have some idea of Covid's next plan. The health of everyone necessitates this minor disruption of your plans!

I agree with you except that without an extension to amnesty I ll need to leave, like it or not.

4 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I agree with you except that without an extension to amnesty I ll need to leave, like it or not.

And why would the amnesty not be extended if no-one can leave or enter the country? So far it's been a winner for me, and living in Nakhon Nowhere the restrictions have had little to no effect on my lifestyle. I do accept that I might be luckier than many.

JohnBZ, 

"when can the South east Asia regional travel can start again: I say June"

You say June?

You must be mightily perturbed that some countries in the region haven't followed your clear directive.

• 1 month later...