Man admits brutal murder of step mum in Thailand’s north east

webfact

Man admits brutal murder of step mum in Thailand’s north east

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on the admissions of a man arrested in the north east of Thailand for murdering his step mother.

The detailed story of the crime and aftermath as revealed during it's reenactment yesterday might put the case in the "Amazing Thailand" file, notes Thaivisa.

Back on May 9th a lady called Bunmee was found dead and soon suspicion fell on Thanat, 47, who became known as "Pae Guitar Prong" of Pae Acoustic Guitar. 

Following his arrest he was taken on a reenactment yesterday evening. Sanook described the murderer's actions as those of someone who was very chilled.

Chilling might be a better description.

He said that he and Bunmee had been sharing a couple of bottles of spirits when he suggested that he would use the 5,000 baht government handout he was due to buy a light to lure horseshoe crabs and thus earn an honest living.

Bunmee - who he called Tim - was having none of it and said she wanted the cash. She went on and on about it, said Pae, and an argument developed.

Bunmee picked up an axe and a Sparta knife and went for him so he armed himself with a hammer used for crushing crabs that happened to be lying nearby. 

He whacked her in the side of the head and in the chin and she fell down.

Quite unconcerned for her fate he washed the bloodstained hammer and put it in with the ducks.

He then got his bag and his guitar case and as he left the house shouted to the neighbors to take Bunmee to hospital.

Nobody paid him any attention as it was curfew time. He claimed he didn't think she was dead.

He then took a bus to Khon Kaen and gave the driver his guitar as payment for the fare. 

He proceeded to the home of an acquaintance who sold garlands in the area and asked if he could stay with them for a few days.

This was agreed. Then a picture of Thanat appeared on the TV prompting his friend to exclaim that it sure looked like him.

He managed to talk his way out of this observation.

Then a couple of days ago he went to get his 5,000 baht coronavirus benefit money at the bank. 

Everyone turned round and looked at him because his face was there again on the TV as the wanted man.

"Yeh," he admitted. "It does look like me, doesn't it".

CCTV soon led to his arrest. He denied that it was a lover's Tiff that led to the murder.

He said that he and Bunmee lived together like an employer and employee. 

Source: Sanook

• Sad 3

Confused by the title of the OP, no where does it say she was his Step Mum in the actual body of the article, just Sanooks written words, another fine write-up.....

Edited by ThailandRyan

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Confused by the title of the OP, no where does it say she was his Step Mum in the actual body of the article, just Sanooks written words, another fine write-up.....

Confused by your posting.

I thought Sanook was an online Thai news publisher that produced a piece in Thai that clearly talks about his 57 year old stepmother*

being the victim. I assume Thaivisa or some other agency (whatever Webfact is) then produces an English language version for the write-up. Is there some other article thta you assume takes journalistic precedence in establishing the real facts? Maybe it's me that's got it all wrong?

* "Confessing to open the "acoustic guitar backpack" after the murder of a 57-year-old stepmother to chill out ....."

3 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Confused by your posting.

I thought Sanook was an online Thai news publisher that produced a piece in Thai that clearly talks about his 57 year old stepmother*

being the victim. I assume Thaivisa or some other agency (whatever Webfact is) then produces an English language version for the write-up. Is there some other article thta you assume takes journalistic precedence in establishing the real facts? Maybe it's me that's got it all wrong?

* "Confessing to open the "acoustic guitar backpack" after the murder of a 57-year-old stepmother to chill out ....."

I was confused by the difference in the Sanook report and what was posted here on TV, sorry I did not get it typed correctly for easy understanding, no where in the written portion of the actual typed TV report other than what it states Sanook said is there any indication she was his step mother, "He said that he and Bunmee lived together like an employer and employee". That is why I was confused.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Aha - ThaiV obviously added the emboldened strap line "Sanook reported on the admissions of a man arrested in the north east of Thailand for murdering his step mother." after (in response to) your post and before mine! Case solved.

RIP stepmother.

Edited by SantiSuk

48 minutes ago, webfact said:
to buy a light to lure horseshoe crabs and thus earn an honest living.

The N.E. Thailand is a long way from the sea, where you find Horseshoe Crabs,

regards worgeordie

• Like 1