What Age Did You Move Here?

What age did you move here ?   

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I moved here when I was 27. I had been working as a petroleum engineer in the North Sea and hated it. Halfway through my Master's degree, I said " *** it" and got a job as an English teacher and never looked back. The money was slightly less!! I remember being refused a job as a sports editor with the Thailand Times as I put my previous salary and the owner thought there was no way I was going to stay. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

I came here when i realised had no money worries, been happy ever since. Regret only not moving on to USA.

I'd rather be here with money worries than my home country with money worries.

• Like 2

After living in Indonesia for a while, I was due for a change and was considering Philippines or Thailand. Thailand won. That was 18 years ago. Same situation now, thinking of moving on, but where? Vietnam, Laos??? Still making my money in the Oil & Gas industry. The last 3 years in Nigeria, ( 4on 4off) Guess it will continue in a few months.

I was living in South America since 1995, marriage on the rocks and work getting me depressed. Decided to divorce, retire and move back to the uk to spend some quality time with my old dad , a few months before that happened i came here for 6 weeks of work.

“ Hmmm....I could spend some time here “ !!

Slight change of plan : came over for a holiday to check out my new plan, eventually settled on 3 months here 1 month with Dad in the uk.

That was 4 years ago and my Thai time extended and UK time diminished, Dad now in care and haven’t visited the UK since October, not sure when i’ll get there now.

Anyway, to answer the question:

54 , 4 years ago.