What Age Did You Move Here?

What age did you move here ?   

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you pay class 2 contributions? I do, and very happy I can. 10 years ago I inquired and was told I had to pay about 300,000 baht for the previous 10 years. I ended up paying 66,000 baht about 3 years ago, to increase my years to 23. I was amazed that my time as a student was included, as well as when unemployed.

I'm waiting on their decision as to whether I will pay class 2 or 3.  Obviously, class 2 is much cheaper.  Since I worked on a contract basis for most of my working life, I hope they say class 2 is fine.  They have already made their decision, but sent this by snail mail, which means with the Wuflu disruptions, I'll probably receive the news of their decision in a few months from now!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Do you pay class 2 contributions? I do, and very happy I can. 10 years ago I inquired and was told I had to pay about 300,000 baht for the previous 10 years. I ended up paying 66,000 baht about 3 years ago, to increase my years to 23. I was amazed that my time as a student was included, as well as when unemployed.

I will not get a cent, which is actually fair as I paid in next to nothing. My mother paid a few years for me, unknown to me at the time. But at the end of the day it is not worth my while paying to cover all the missed years. As a result I will have to survive purely on savings when I retire at the end of 2022. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I will not get a cent, which is actually fair as I paid in next to nothing. My mother paid a few years for me, unknown to me at the time. But at the end of the day it is not worth my while paying to cover all the missed years. As a result I will have to survive purely on savings when I retire at the end of 2022. 

I wasn't sure whether to pay it or not -  it is a gamble as I might not live to 67 or they might raise it to 70 or do away with it. However, I thought 66,000 baht was a good return on my money and if I live to be 70, it'll have paid itself off. Now I pay about 6,000 baht a year. It's not much but I believe it's around 28,000 baht a month which will be enough to survive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I wasn't sure whether to pay it or not -  it is a gamble as I might not live to 67 or they might raise it to 70 or do away with it. However, I thought 66,000 baht was a good return on my money and if I live to be 70, it'll have paid itself off. Now I pay about 6,000 baht a year. It's not much but I believe it's around 28,000 baht a month which will be enough to survive. 

Class 2 definitely a lot better than class 3 !

You would pay around 28,000 baht a year on missed years !!

I need to survive till I’m 73 to pay the extra years off !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RocketDog said:

My condolences. You are a very bitter person. 

Have you not confused being truthful with bitterness?

How many people would agree with your comments stable government? Stable currency?

18 hours ago, n00dle said:

The baht is incredibly stable.

Pick another currency and compare the last 10 years 

Are you not shocked with Thailand completely shut down, that the baht has not moved at all?

46 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Are you not shocked with Thailand completely shut down, that the baht has not moved at all?

What other currencies have moved?

The US dollar remain strong despite huge unemployment and Munchin and Trump printing trillions. 

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Why would I be shocked? 

Is it news that the thai baht is tethered to usd?

Has china's currency collapsed?

Is everyone else not in the same boat?

Beyond the emerging markets, please show me another currency that has faltered significantly ( beyond the pound, which has its own issues).

I do admit I havent been following the markets, but nor have I been intentionally blind.

Edited by n00dle

5 hours ago, n00dle said:

Why would I be shocked? 

Is it news that the thai baht is tethered to usd?

Has china's currency collapsed?

Is everyone else not in the same boat?

Beyond the emerging markets, please show me another currency that has faltered significantly ( beyond the pound, which has its own issues).

I do admit I havent been following the markets, but nor have I been intentionally blind.

The government asking the Billionaires for bail-outs.

Big hint right there.

Were you around in 97?

Guess not.

• 3 months later...