Seen any fresh beers?

I picked up a case of Heinekens born on 1 April, over the weekend.. everything else seems to be from March.  Just wondering if that is a possible canary in the coal mine...quite a few of the "leaders" would gladly shut it down.  Would be much easier to do if there was simply none to sell. Please report sightings of fresh beer, if you see any..

37 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

2 months is nothing to worry about,  even 6 months would be fine. 

Yes, if they keep them out of the heat and sun, but the point is that those two month old beers will soon be gone..then what?  It will either be May or none.  Hoping to get a report of the breweries brewing.  Heineken is one of the few beers, where the cans are more consistent than the bottles...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

I am pretty sure that the big breweries like Heineken or Singha can handle logistics and demand and will not let the country run dry ????

They're imported aren't they? I've noticed the once well stocked shelves of the major stores now appear to be well stocked but it's a facade, if you take a couple of things from the front of the shelf it's actually empty behind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, moontang said:

Yes, if they keep them out of the heat and sun, but the point is that those two month old beers will soon be gone..then what?  It will either be May or none.  Hoping to get a report of the breweries brewing.  Heineken is one of the few beers, where the cans are more consistent than the bottles...

whisky lasts years

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They're imported aren't they? I've noticed the once well stocked shelves of the major stores now appear to be well stocked but it's a facade, if you take a couple of things from the front of the shelf it's actually empty behind.

Heineken and Tiger are brewed in Nonthaburi by Thai Asia Pacific Brewery.  I trust their logistics, but am concerned about them knowing more than we do about another ban.  Telling the Thais not to gather and drink is like telling the mooslems to not pray at the mosque.  I suspect Private Prayut is more than a little upset about the drinking that is going hand in hand with curfew violations.

I admit to enjoy beers at the pier or the park more than the pubs, which aren't even an option now..but I am not out after curfew.

• Like 1

Please note:-

Heineken is brewed and distributed under licence by TAP brewery (Thai Asia Pacific Brewery) in Nonthaburi. They also brew Cheers beer and Tiger beer (also under licence). The company is the sole importer and distributor in Thailand for Guinness and Kilkenny.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimn said:

Yes a box of Leo Friday which was 8th May with a stamped date on the box of 2nd May. I was very shocked.

Well that solves most of the mystery..unless it is from 2019..but that seems to only happen in expat bars in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

Is this a new thing "Beer connoisseurs", when I was 

a drinker, many,many years ago now, it was quantity

over quality. and why i quit.

anyone know where I can get a fruity Chang,  23 April 2020,

that was a good day for Chang.????

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Is this a new thing "Beer connoisseurs", when I was 

a drinker, many,many years ago now, it was quantity

over quality. and why i quit.

anyone know where I can get a fruity Chang,  23 April 2020,

that was a good day for Chang.????

regards Worgeordie

The point was to determine if the breweries are functioning and not waiting until they are more assured that the General won't pull the plug, again.  Most of us already know that the older beers start tasting worse, and there are obvious storage issues here, but that has been beaten to death.  Just verifying future availability, but always expect a few of the non-drinkers, former drinkers, religious kooks, and/or loser English teachers to throw in their Shekel on any thread about booze.

Edited by moontang
  • Thanks 1

Not entirely relevant, but one of the missus' friends in C Mai named her daughter 'Beer' and her son 'Soda'. Nong 'Beer' is a uni student and is more than a bit "fresh" - or to put it better, is rather pleasant on the eye so to speak. She also doesn't mind enjoying a beer with a farang, as long as he buys it ! 

Beer is not uncommon for Thai girl nickname, and the ones I met liked to drink it.  The only one I dated that had the wherewithal to check the born on date, was Thai government nurse, who never consumed.

Edited by moontang

7 minutes ago, moontang said:

Beer is not uncommon for Thai girl nickname, and the ones I met liked to drink it.  The only one I dated that had the wherewithal to check the born on date, was Thai government nurse, who never consumed.

Yeah Ive chopped many Beer's over the years.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, moontang said:
21 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

2 months is nothing to worry about,  even 6 months would be fine. 

Yes, if they keep them out of the heat and sun, but the point is that those two month old beers will soon be gone..then what?  It will either be May or none.

When the two month beers are gone there will still be the 3 -4 - 5 and 6 month ones, they are also still good.

I rarely notice sun and heat inside  convenience stores and supermarkets

22 hours ago, moontang said:

Yes, if they keep them out of the heat and sun, but the point is that those two month old beers will soon be gone..then what?  It will either be May or none.  Hoping to get a report of the breweries brewing.  Heineken is one of the few beers, where the cans are more consistent than the bottles..

Who is forcing you to buy in your opinion "old" beer? I strongly doubt that the breweries keep their beer out in the sun. Keep on drinking Heineken, leave the more tasty beer to the rest of us. 

1 hour ago, Susco said:

When the two month beers are gone there will still be the 3 -4 - 5 and 6 month ones, they are also still good.

I rarely notice sun and heat inside  convenience stores and supermarkets

Hot where houses before they get to 7/11 , the distributor in Udon has big hot warehouse 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1