any computer stores open?

zeekgarcia

If you're still interested in Dell, give them a call first:

Dell Concept Store

A & A Neo Technology Co. Ltd. Alienware available
Headoffice : 177/8 Changpuak Rd, Sriphum, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200
Tel: 053-227500-2

Dell Concept Store by Neo Shop  2 Mahidol Road 252-252/1 Floor 3, 
Room 371 Central Airport Plaza, Wua Lai Road, Haiya , Mueang Chiang Mai , Chiang Mai 
Thailand  50100
Tel: 053-279553

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

Lazada is open

54 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

You can browse computers at InvaderIT.com

The OP wants to look at, touch and caress before probably purchasing online

IKON Square (behind Computer Plaza and next to Pizza Hut) is now three quarters open.  Most of the accessory shops are doing business and a couple of the secondhand computer shops as well.  Got a printer repaired and bought a serviceable Fujitsu computer there today.  They have you sign in with your name and phone number, check your temperature and offer hand cleaner and gloves so presumably should an infection be reported they could text us.  Low tech, but why not. 

• Thanks 2

I was in the same situation, in Chiang Mai, and eventually just bought from invadeit.co.th. Their service has been exceptional. But obviously I can't touch anything before buying. But if you can't wait, I can recommend them without reservation.

I was in Airport Plaza today; the major computer stores were all open, and dammit none of them, including Big Camera, had a compact flash card for an older camera (Canon 550d aka T2i aka Kiss X4).

I walked myself into a stupor visiting the used mobile shops looking for a cheap mobile phone with no camera ... like the one I lost yesterday.

Getting the DTAC SIm replaced so I can keep the number took over 30 minutes and photos, documents. 

All in all I had to sign in in over four places.

Frustrated as I was (low thyroid condition, feel like a zombie), I have to say I am impressed by the well-organized social distancing arrangements.

~o:37;

• Like 2

6 hours ago, orang37 said:

I was in Airport Plaza today; the major computer stores were all open, and dammit none of them, including Big Camera, had a compact flash card for an older camera (Canon 550d aka T2i aka Kiss X4).

I walked myself into a stupor visiting the used mobile shops looking for a cheap mobile phone with no camera ... like the one I lost yesterday.

Getting the DTAC SIm replaced so I can keep the number took over 30 minutes and photos, documents. 

All in all I had to sign in in over four places.

Frustrated as I was (low thyroid condition, feel like a zombie), I have to say I am impressed by the well-organized social distancing arrangements.

~o:37;

Next time take your shopping guide with you, she will make the trip more enjoyable and maybe even help you find something.  She can sign in for you and help you get a seat at the ice cream shop.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, EricTh said:

I am thinking of buying a new computer monitor. My ACER R231 sucks as the text and image are not sharp enough.

Can anyone recommend a better monitor?

How do you have it hooked up?

The specs say it's:

23", (Full HD) 1920 x 1080@60 Hz, VGA / DVI-in

If running VGA (analog) that could be your problem.

DVI-in is an older digital format but should give a clear image if paired with a compatible video card.