Dengue alert issued for Central region

snoop1130

Dengue alert issued for Central region

By The Nation

800_05cb7b40d6aa347.jpg

Thai health officials report that 10,938 people contracted dengue fever from January 1 to May 5 and nine died from the mosquito-borne disease.

The Department of Disease Control warned that rain from summer storms was now leaving perfect breeding sites for the mosquitos, particularly in the Central region.

Provinces reporting the highest incidence so far are Rayong, Chaiyapum, Ang Thong, Khon Kaen and Nakhon Ratchasima. 

The dengue outbreak is expected to intensify this week with rainstorms forecast till Wednesday. 

The department has asked householders to get rid of trash and place lids tightly on water containers to prevent mosquitos from laying larvae. It also advised people to stock up on insect repellent.

Anyone who develops a headache, body aches, and a rash or red dots on their skin should see a doctor immediately or call the Department of Disease Control at 1422.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387721?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-12

• Sad 1

I have a great fear of this virus.....more than coronavirus. I have seen many friends go down with the disease and the older ones can get really really sick. It behoves us, while we are thinking about corona, not to neglect this ugly set of viruses.....and BTW you can get reinfected up to 4 times with this sucker.

45 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I have a great fear of this virus.....more than coronavirus. I have seen many friends go down with the disease and the older ones can get really really sick. It behoves us, while we are thinking about corona, not to neglect this ugly set of viruses.....and BTW you can get reinfected up to 4 times with this sucker.

Yep she's a baddy, knocked me off my feet for a week and it took months to get back close to normal.

Dengue, well you asked for it Thailand. Will you be shutting everything down again and advise everyone to seal up any air leaks inside your home? Who advised Thailand to shutdown any way I hope to gawd it wasnt the WHO one of the most corrupt organizations out their in the world today!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1