BANGKOK
allencraig

Can get Thai police check WITHOUT job offer?

A job I recently applied to listed needing to pass a Thai police check in order to be hired. So I thought this might be a good thing to have just in case, for this job or any other I might land. And ESPECIALLY as I had an "incident" with the police a few months back that required seeing a judge and paying a fine. So I'd like to know if that's actually on my record here and how its worded.

Do I need an immediate reason to request a police check in Thailand/BKK?

No you don't need a job offer. You can just go and apply. 

21 hours ago, allencraig said:

Do I need an immediate reason to request a police check in Thailand/BKK?

No.

Most things that need a police check have an age limit for document.  So getting a check and not using it for a while may just be a waste.

If your case went to court and you got fined,then it will most likely be on record.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, Max69xl said:

If your case went to court and you got fined,then it will most likely be on record.

Hm, so I better go and get a check. If a job mentions they will need a police check then I should probably avoid applying to that position.

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, allencraig said:

Hm, so I better go and get a check. If a job mentions they will need a police check then I should probably avoid applying to that position.

Thanks for the feedback!

If you got caught with weed, or similar, or you had an accident under the influence of alcohol ( or similar), most schools will not hire you and it will be in your clearance. 

Send me a message why you were caught and had to go to court, I might have a way/solution to get it sorted out. 

It doesn't have to be before the start of a new job, they can ask you for a police clearance whenever they feel like. 

Edited by teacherclaire
Free bats for members of this forum.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:50 PM, teacherclaire said:

If you got caught with weed, or similar, or you had an accident under the influence of alcohol ( or similar), most schools will not hire you and it will be in your clearance. 

Send me a message why you were caught and had to go to court, I might have a way/solution to get it sorted out. 

It doesn't have to be before the start of a new job, they can ask you for a police clearance whenever they feel like. 

It wasn't drug related at all. Pretty stupid actually. And "court" was just driving me from the holding cell across town to stand in front of a judge-like person who was on a video feed from who-knows-where. 4000thb fine and "don't get in any more trouble for a year" warning.

But my fear is that anything—anything—that shows up on a police check will be enough to keep a company or school from hiring me.