PM Prayut calls scrambling for donations at food banks “unacceptable”

webfact

3 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I've never been hungry because my parents were good providers but one time a mate and I went on a hunting trip and we were way out in Western NSW when I discovered I had forgotten one of the boxes with the food.  So we had tea, sugar and Milo for dinner!  Wasn't very satisfying!   That was just a short time.  It must be hard for the peasant class in Thailand to scrounge for food daily and just knowing that there is a whole class of people who will never feel that pain, never feel the degradation (humiliation?) of standing in a line for a little food and those haves have the power to help those in need but don't make much of an effort to do so.  If I was doing it daily I would be pretty well pizzed off by now!

a donation can be made at any time ...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

<deleted> does he think people who are desperate should do?. His fleecing of Thailand has left them all fighting for their livelihood, lives, and families.  The Mercedes dealership on Rama 4 put out a large cabinet style box at noon yesterday, with food stuffs in it for those who are living in the Area.  Within about 30 minutes there was a line on the sidewalk, and it was being handed out by 2 security guards.  At least people are taking care of people unlike I see his cronies doing.....

what soi is that again ...

• Haha 2

Have any of you guy been given one of the food handouts from the local orbortor? We did get one when I looked what was in it 10kg of rice, 10 eggs, cat food (sardines) cheap packets of noodles and cooking oil and some water I took it knowing I was going to give it away but believe me it was nothing to get excited about the family I did give it too there is 5 of them and they only gave them one bag same as us so that would not last long for them.

What I disagreed with they were going around a moo baan houses at 10 to 15 million baht handing out food parcels 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Fine words don't grab everything for yourself from the original author and founder of grab everything for yourself ????

Surprised he has not had the tanks roll in and commandeer the food for the government and military, since they are in such need as there have been no tourists to fatten the coffers, I mean pockets....

• Haha 2