PM Prayut calls scrambling for donations at food banks “unacceptable”

webfact

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Surprised he has not had the tanks roll in and commandeer the food for the government and military, since they are in such need as there have been no tourists to fatten the coffers, I mean pockets....

The Thais are apathetic and he knows that

The only time they wake from their slumber is if they are funded from overseas.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister, however, thanked donors for establishing the food banks to help their fellow countrymen and asked the beneficiaries of the charitable donations not to grab everything for themselves, but to think about the others who also need help

They're starving while waiting for help from the government.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Have any of you guy been given one of the food handouts from the local orbortor? We did get one when I looked what was in it 10kg of rice, 10 eggs, cat food (sardines) cheap packets of noodles and cooking oil and some water I took it knowing I was going to give it away but believe me it was nothing to get excited about the family I did give it too there is 5 of them and they only gave them one bag same as us so that would not last long for them.

What I disagreed with they were going around a moo baan houses at 10 to 15 million baht handing out food parcels 

nothing for you to get excited about, but anyone with sfa would appreciate it.

can only agree with you about handing it out where its not needed.

• Like 1

He is correct that people should not take everything without caring about others. But some people are greedy and only will care about themselves. You can't change human behavior but only the way how such things get distributed. Perhaps a camera at such locations could improve the situation a little bit. But some people are thieves and will find a way around such a hurdle. 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Have any of you guy been given one of the food handouts from the local orbortor? We did get one when I looked what was in it 10kg of rice, 10 eggs, cat food (sardines) cheap packets of noodles and cooking oil and some water I took it knowing I was going to give it away but believe me it was nothing to get excited about the family I did give it too there is 5 of them and they only gave them one bag same as us so that would not last long for them.

What I disagreed with they were going around a moo baan houses at 10 to 15 million baht handing out food parcels 

With houses in that price range they are paying mortgages at a substantial rate.   Truth is they are more needy than the peasants! 

Gov should take over the management and supervision of these food banks via community donations....But it ain’t going to happen...so you end up with inequitable distributions...community is involved but not committed to good project management (think the chicken and the pig)

unsupervised food donations is like Thai people putting out food for soi dogs and the stronger more aggressive dogs take more than their share...the actual dogs who need it don’t get any and soon succumb....

Darwin called it right...

37 minutes ago, SMEinBangkok said:

The tyrant has spoken...."No more hunger!"  Or I will make you hungrier.

New Movie to be filmed and broadcast over the entire world:

Hunger Games "Thailand to the death"

• Haha 1

He is not donating it and should shut up. Not his money, not his food and not his people as most don't like him or his crony not honest elected government. How about he resign and stop the power grab. Good thing is Thai people do take care of Thai people or actually people in general.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Why do they treat the people with such disdain?

Come on Prayuth - this is your chance to shine, or it could be your 'let them eat cake' moment.

You want him to "shine"?

I hope for the opposite.

"People say" that the Thai is all smiles, tolerance and aquiesence on the surface......but beneath lies a simmering, suppressed volcano of rage, that may erupt at any moment.....if you "push" the wrong button.

The situation in Thailand, at this "moment", is just the sort of "historical" situation in which a wrong button is most easily pushed.

Let him push as many as he likes.

Edited by Enoon