PM Prayut calls scrambling for donations at food banks “unacceptable”

webfact

14 hours ago, brommers said:

There speaks a man with a full belly every day, flunkies to look after his every whim and has never done a shopping trip with only 30 baht in his pocket in his life. His failure to have even the slightest understanding and care for the common person will be remembered at the ballot box, if there is ever another one.

Lets hope that there is a truly free and fair election ASAP and the truth on his leadership will be exposed. He doesn't have many supporters in the ordinary Thai community from what I'm hearing. The 5,000 Baht fiasco and lack of real assistance to Thais is a major issue.

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Government action is the solution to the problem.

The government should feed the people who have been put out of work due to government actions against the plague.

Either nobody thought of this or they decided to ignore it.

I think they decided to ignore it which is strange as we know Thailand is a very wealthy country with many many resources.

Why do they treat the people with such disdain?

Come on Prayuth - this is your chance to shine, or it could be your 'let them eat cake' moment.

Government inaction compounds the situation. If the authorities really had the Thai nation as their first priority, rather than filling their own coffers and that of their cronies, then the nation would really prosper. The natural resources, geographical location and truly wonderful and honest hard working Thais would secure this nation's place as the leader of ASEAN. Sadly there are too many obstacles and dinosaur politicians in the way to ever allow this path. The Thai people deserve so much more!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Enoon said:

You want him to "shine"?

I hope for the opposite.

I want to know why he hasn't done anything.

As Prime Minister he is in a position to gain a lot of popularity right now yet he has 'chosen' not to do so. Why is that?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I understand that he came from a poor background and does care about people.  Here's the story:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/loei-governor-rises-as-savior-in-covid-19-struggle/

From the accompanying article it seems like he is so far removed from the inept and/or self-interested and/or criminal cronies that exist in Thailand that begs the question...is he really Thai?  ????

52 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

From the accompanying article it seems like he is so far removed from the inept and/or self-interested and/or criminal cronies that exist in Thailand that begs the question...is he really Thai?  ????

I wonder.  I'm not sure, but he was at the Wat there in Loei not too many years off from me back in the late 1970's.  I wonder if he knew the monk from New Zealand who was there for some years.  Phra Tom.  At any rate, he seems to be a bit different. Having spent a couple years in Loei, I'm a little partial to the local people. 

Unacceptable???

I'm a little hazy on this but isn't this honorable politician the same one the announced a 5000 baht stipend to assist people who lost their work because of government decrees about covid?

Isn't this the same honorable politician who ensured that his government lackeys disqualified 90% of the people who applied..

And don't give me any flack about using honorable and politician in the same sentence.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, essox essox said:

should SELL THE SUB !!! (and I do not mean SUBWAY SHOPS) !!!

But, the people need the submarines, we have to be ready for whatever....the government must believe they are for offensive actions.  Well they are not far off, the Submarine purchases were quite offensive to most Thais....

13 minutes ago, ourdon said:

Unacceptable???

I'm a little hazy on this but isn't this honorable politician the same one the announced a 5000 baht stipend to assist people who lost their work because of government decrees about covid?

Isn't this the same honorable politician who ensured that his government lackeys disqualified 90% of the people who applied..

And don't give me any flack about using honorable and politician in the same sentence.

originally IT was supposed to be for 6 months the all of a sudden it was reduced to 3 months, anyone know why??

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

But, the people need the submarines, we have to be ready for whatever....the government must believe they are for offensive actions.  Well they are not far off, the Submarine purchases were quite offensive to most Thais....

I still have to see this sub....it must be hiding somewhere !!

On 5/13/2020 at 6:42 AM, Damrongsak said:

Because the elite are of old-school Chinese descent, and the Thais are the tribes who fled?  A question worth asking I think. 

They only came here to dig the Clongs not colonise the place. Never been invaded ?, someones "avin a larf".!