Desperate taxi driver gets 8 million baht in donations - but he's just a con man, says garage owner

webfact

Desperate taxi driver gets 8 million baht in donations - but he's just a con man, says garage owner

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on the case of a teary eyed taxi driver who convinced the Thai public that he was in dire straights. 

The Thai public believed that he lived alone and had lost his job and then handed over 8 million baht in just one night.

Sitchai, 72, said he would buy a house and donate the rest to hospitals battling the coronavirus, fire fighters trying to put out forest fires and a taxi driver's foundation. 

However, a taxi rental firm owner has come forward and told the media that Sitchai is a fraudster of the first water.

He lives the Life of Riley in a house with his children and grandchildren. The house is owned by his ex and he only has to pay the electric and water bills. 

His son rents a taxi from him said Preecha, 49, who said all the family were in work and doing fine.

Preecha said he wasn't going to say anything at first because it was none of his business, but now Sitchai has refused to repay money owed to him he felt it was his civic duty to inform the public they had been ripped off.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-13

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

8 million Thb in one day ,Mmm, what site did he post

his alleged dire state on, will have to dress the wife

up in old clothes and see how much she can bring in ????

regards Worgeordie

Reporter from tv scanel put hes account number on screen!

con verging on criminal and his first priority is to buy a house not put food on the table

The best thing this cheat could do is give the money to a charity and go live as a monk for the next 10 years 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Money and fools are soon parted... that's what my father taught me.

This man is no fool..

14 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Yeah, I am wanting to know his story, too.  I might try it on a Go Fund Me. ????????????????(yes the last one is a smirk, not a wink)

a Go Fund Me wouldn't even come close to his 8 million, I think the TV channel is a better idea it seems to pay more.