BANGKOK
snoop1130

Koh Tao Punishes Tourists without masks with Push Ups

10 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

And what happens if someone can't do the required 20? How about just talking to them and saying you have to wear a mask... like normal people would do

Because the authorities of poorer nations use punishment to improve memory and stop future transgressions- what good what talking do to prevent a reoccurrence?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

...grow up Thailand...for goodness sake!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Expattaff1308 said:

Dont you mean grow up farangs and obey the emergency decree and wear a mask when out and about.

As said in previous posts they are easily available, not difficult to follow the rules (well for most)

Jeez ... by doing push ups? Some ppl have their head so deep into something else ... can't you see it? What's going on? 

Even my Thai girl has a more open minded opinion about that than you! She hates that kind of control pushed down, where does that come from?

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, riverhigh said:

legality and in this heat? A very European response, always finding an excuse for the person not complying with the law. No wonder why there are so many deaths in Europe caused by covid-19.

Lighten up! European response? Would have preferred African... Asian... South American... Eurasian...etc? As for the law... I flow it... no matter in what country I am in. For laws are to be followed. Don't have to agree with them or even understand the logic (if any) beyond them. But as I said... this is  cute and is  good punishment for breaking the mask regulations.... bravo! But ... what tourists. Those who have been here for the past months should know better and yes....  "Drop and give me 20!"

But you don't have to be so combative in response to my opinion... well... without being able to verify what I posted as being wrong.

Furthermore for the record,  I do not believe that the reopening that is being tried... or contemplated is actually a good idea now. We should all wait for at least until the end of June say. As the schools are here. But this country I do not think has the capability financially on a local public or family level to weather it. That I do worry about along with the rest of the World's capability.

Edited by iamariva1957
Typos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davedub said:

I see this kind of "punishment" highly disrespectful and as an extremely worrying indication of underlying attitude. This sort of behaviour is borne of a desire to bully. These are the actions of those who enjoy exerting power over others, playing out their own little power trip. Quite simply, this is abuse of power. Left unchecked, this sort of behaviour will inevitably escalate and should never be condoned.

Obviously you have never been in the military and I don’t mean in Thailand

• Sad 7

10 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

And what happens if someone can't do the required 20? How about just talking to them and saying you have to wear a mask... like normal people would do

Maybe normal people would wear them...tourists or Thais have had two months to get in line and wear a mask while outside.. it's advertised and in the Thai and Expat/Tourist news everywhere.

• Like 2

If the floor clean though? I'd need to be given gloves first before doing push ups there!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Because Thailand is not a normal place. Someone thinks this is a good idea, I think it is ridiculous as will any normal, thinking person. I would just refuse and say I will wear one from now on, what are they going to do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Are face masks obligatory on the streets? Didn’t see this law..

face masks have been obligatory since the emergency decree started... you must wear one if you leave home.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Normal people listen , they are urging people to wear masks for a few months already now and these people still aren't listening . 

• Like 1