Girl escapes ‘violent’ aunt, ‘rapist’ uncle

snoop1130

Girl escapes ‘violent’ aunt, ‘rapist’ uncle

By The Nation

800_6511158bf95e81b.jpg

A 12-year-old girl in Sukhothai province, who accused her uncle of raping her since she was nine, has been taken in by the Children and Family Shelter.

She was also guided in filing a police complaint against her uncle, 44.

When the girl’s parents were separated four years ago, she continued living with her mother until her mother was arrested over drugs. The girl was then sent to live with her aunt and uncle.

She said that her aunt kept hitting her while her uncle sexually assaulted her seven to eight times a month. He also scared her into not telling anybody of what was happening.

On May 6, the girl left the house and ran into the village headman, who got in touch with officials in charge of helping young victims of molestation.

The headman said the girl was in tears when he saw her and kept saying she would rather live in the jungle alone than live in that house.

The uncle, who has surrendered to police, denies the accusation and has said he wants to defend himself in court.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387789

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-13

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, smedly said:

what a sad story - sounds like this young girl has lived a lifetime of grief in just 12 years 

I hope those found guilty are severely punished 

He should just be disappeared...

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry ....  your partially correct in what you say , however I don't believe a 12 yr old girl would just make this up for no reason ... if she was loved and taken care of why would she even consider this story, so based on my gut feeling .....  he's guilty until proven innocent

Yes you are correct about why would she make up a story. The problem is evidence. She is already on a loser with the Aunt backing up the uncle. The only independant evidence will be medical, if their is any.

• Like 1

I think kids make up stuff all the time.  They can also be persuaded to say anything.  Oh, you want 100 baht, tell them he did this...

Here's the good thing.  It should be easy to get to the truth.  If this was done 7-8 times a month, a few good detectives should solve this relatively fast.  I don't know if lie detector tests work now, but you can test if she has had sex before.  I'm sure there's a way to see if she's been physically abused, mentally (bring in a psychologist) and test the rooms of the house for whatever.

someone's guilty of something.  either they want to lock up the aunt and uncle or the uncle and aunt needs to be locked up.   it would only take one story, "aunt and uncle have 100 million in gold stolen as they were in prison" to change everything.  HOWEVER, in a case of child abuse, I think it's OK to keep these people locked up for a while and look into it. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The uncle, who has surrendered to police, denies the accusation and has said he wants to defend himself in court.

So be it... hope he gets to defend himself in a 6x6 cell with a gorilla name Twink !!!