90 day report amnesty?

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not a bad idea to do it by mail or online, to avoid the madness of reporting with everyone else after 31 July!

Immigration will announce the dates for 90 day reporting as soon as it is decided there is no need for another extension of it.

They will certainly not want everybody to report on the same date. It could be done by the month your report was due or 90 days from when you last report will be due.

Just now, Wardp said:

so why are farangs still doing their 90 days at jomtein.? i thought we were told to avoid crowds etc

It is apparently not crowded and people will do what they feel they have to, despite having been told it is not necessary. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wardp said:

so why are farangs still doing their 90 days at jomtein.? i thought we were told to avoid crowds etc

Probably because they do not know it is not required or just don't believe the info posted on the immigration website.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reporting has not been required since April 7th. It is for all extensions of stay.

I have already skipped a report that was due last month.

Was in Phuket immigration yesterday. Those on extensions MUST continue with 90 day reporting. Heard it from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Just typical Thai management of not outlining what will be required.

Why would they do it so early. Most people would of forgotten about it over 3 months later.

Also there is a chance it could be extended again.They will make an announcement after they decide it will not be extended again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Just the normal false info from Phuket immigration.

Doesn't surprise me, but, as we have a drive-thru that takes a couple of minutes (no paperwork needed), I'll continue doing them. We are not in a lock-down situation anymore.

My report was due on the 10th, reported online on the 1st.

This morning checked and application was still pending. Phoned Pathumthani immigration and was told to come in and report. Immigration office was very quiet so was done in 20 minutes, which included query about my extension later this month.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just the normal false info from Phuket immigration.

I know it's an island, but ... is the Phuket Immigration office totally unable to communicate with "the mainland"? They do have telephones and internet service in Phuket, right? ????

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reporting has not been required since April 7th. It is for all extensions of stay.

Thanks Joe. Mine was due on the 26th April. I didn't do it as they had suspended them. I have to go to Immigration next Monday on another matter. Whilst there I also go into the office that deals with 90 Day Reports and see if they want me to do it as I'm there already.

I will report update next week.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe and any other guys that know about extensions on TVF,

Sorry to disturb anybody, but need advice..

As many are aware, I am in Kalasin.

My actual annual extension date is July 17th, how soon before that date may I apply to get it done and dusted PLEASE?

I have loads to do as soon as planes are flying but I would love to get this done ASAP.

Edited by Scouse123

10 hours ago, Wardp said:

There are no crowds at Jomtien right now. Very very quiet.

1st August may be a different matter....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

My actual annual extension date is July 17th, how soon before that date may I apply to get it done and dusted PLEASE?

Up to 30 days early at many offices and 45 days at others.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Probably because they do not know it is not required or just don't believe the info posted on the immigration website.

Hi Joe, I did know about the amnesty and my 90 day was due on 22 April. However, I decided to go to see how things were at Jomtiem IO on 6 May. No crowd, seen in 5 mins. Then the officer told me not to be late reporting next time. Go figure....??

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It would not be possible to have everyone report just after July 31.

Your report would be 90 days from the date you missed. Only a guess but nothing else makes sense.

Just typical Thai mismanagement of not outlining what will be required.

Totally incompetent.

In fairness i think things are very fluid 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:23 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Not a bad idea to do it by mail or online, to avoid the madness of reporting with everyone else after 31 July!

Do you really think everybody have to do their 90 days reports the day after the amnesty is lifted? 

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Why did you feel the need to do that ?

Probably for the same reason people does it online. You can still do it if you want. Everybody doesn't stay out in the sticks far from their immigration office. 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Probably for the same reason people does it online. You can still do it if you want. Everybody doesn't stay out in the sticks far from their immigration office. 

I skipped mine last month. I did that because it was not required and the advice was to stay at home unless you had to do something important.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Almer said:

In fairness i think things are very fluid 

Not sure what that means. Thing is if amnesty ends July 31 (or later if extended) logic would suggest everyone needs to do 90 day report asap. 

In this thread along there are 2 posts re need to do 90 day report. Think that was Jomtien and Phuket. 2 of the most rogue imm offices in a country that cannot control imm offices having their say. 

Which I guess it does mean it's fluid. I would prefer to describe as crazy. 

Edited by DrJack54