BANGKOK

retirement extension ,has 90 day reporting been cancelled until july 31 or not?

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not a bad idea to do it by mail or online, to avoid the madness of reporting with everyone else after 31 July!

Immigration will announce the dates for 90 day reporting as soon as it is decided there is no need for another extension of it.

They will certainly not want everybody to report on the same date. It could be done by the month your report was due or 90 days from when you last report will be due.

so why are farangs still doing their 90 days at jomtein.? i thought we were told to avoid crowds etc

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wardp said:

so why are farangs still doing their 90 days at jomtein.? i thought we were told to avoid crowds etc

It is apparently not crowded and people will do what they feel they have to, despite having been told it is not necessary. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wardp said:

Probably because they do not know it is not required or just don't believe the info posted on the immigration website.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reporting has not been required since April 7th. It is for all extensions of stay.

I have already skipped a report that was due last month.

Was in Phuket immigration yesterday. Those on extensions MUST continue with 90 day reporting. Heard it from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Just typical Thai management of not outlining what will be required.

Why would they do it so early. Most people would of forgotten about it over 3 months later.

Also there is a chance it could be extended again.They will make an announcement after they decide it will not be extended again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Just the normal false info from Phuket immigration.

Doesn't surprise me, but, as we have a drive-thru that takes a couple of minutes (no paperwork needed), I'll continue doing them. We are not in a lock-down situation anymore.