90 day report amnesty?

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just the normal false info from Phuket immigration.

What a ridiculous over-generalization.  As you yourself have stated in the past each office does things its own way. What is better- to trickle through a quiet drive-thru as one has business in town or all flock there at the same time when an amnesty is lifted, wiping out social distancing? 

Whilst not REQUIRED it makes sense to keep all one's ducks in a row in case things change on a whim. It took me all of a minute the other day to do the report. If the IO hadn't wanted me to do it or deemed it unnecessary she would have just told me to go away and not issued me a new certificate. 

Criticising Phuket Immigration from afar is beneath you- they have become more and more proactive over the past couple of years but that;s not always apparent from Internet Ivory Towers.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

hey have become more and more proactive over the past couple of years

What exactly does proactive refer to.

Is that similar to say Jomtien where 90 day come back to immigration to show money still in bank for retirement extensions. One of VERY few io that did this

I could go on.

Thai proviences regarding immigration offices are a shambles. 

One rule here different one there. Reminds me of Benny Hill and Monty Python combined. 

As for Phuket, the exit date from island worked wonders few days ago. Complete idiot's. From immigration to governor.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PBob said:

My report was due on the 10th, reported online on the 1st.

This morning checked and application was still pending. Phoned Pathumthani immigration and was told to come in and report. Immigration office was very quiet so was done in 20 minutes, which included query about my extension later this month.

my application is still pending from Pathum thani immigration also, did the online application last Friday still waiting. my 90 days due on Monday so Im going to pop in on Monday in person  

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is apparently not crowded and people will do what they feel they have to, despite having been told it is not necessary. 

I reported at Jomtien yesterday. I saw the sign, but I was there and decided to report just to be sure. I expected when I went in they would tell me it's not necessary, but they gave me a ticket to the report desk and I reported. There was hardly anyone there.

23 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Because they are over-cautious/know better/stupid.

I actually blame Immigration; having introduced this sensible amnesty they should have refused to do any 90 day reports and turn people away. Concentrate as well on a staggered period after 31 July to avoid congestion from the backlog. Better still, just cancel any 90 day reports in the 2 months to 31 July so those affected report 180 days after their last one.

The 90 Day Reports did not exist until the counter revolution in 1976. I don't remember which government imposed them -- probably Admiral Kraivichien's -- but they were not enforced until 2001. Thaksin's Minister of the Interior, Purachai, was xenophobic and also very rigid. He suspended issuance of permanent residence and also naturalization because he suspected fraud, although he never showed any evidence. Anyway, lots of us paid a ฿2,000 fine because we had never done the report. 

• Like 1

Arrived at Jomtien Immigration last Wednesday a sign is there saying no 90 day needed. Asked an official at the gate and he pointed for me to go inside. All counters in full swing and people doing normal business.

Why is this thread 3 pages long? 

Amnesty period extends to 31 July for 90 day reporting.  There is no question about this according to the official immigration website.  See https://immigration.go.th/content/extend_alien?click=1 

So why would some of you be trying to do it now?  If 31 July is the new reporting date for EVERYBODY now, the registration window would be 15-7 days before the 31st for online registration, and 15 days before to 7 days after for in-person registration, and mail-in registration is 15 days before (with the registration day counting as one day).

So...why would anybody be trying to register any earlier.  It makes no sense.  Am I missing something?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, bert bloggs said:

i have to go to Jomtien tomorrow ,will look into immigration ,if very few there will pop in and do 90 day ,no hardship.

parked  almost outside ,walked in Hardly anyone there ,after 3 mins got my 90 day and walked out

13 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Why is this thread 3 pages long? 

Amnesty period extends to 31 July for 90 day reporting.  There is no question about this according to the official immigration website.  See https://immigration.go.th/content/extend_alien?click=1 

So why would some of you be trying to do it now?  If 31 July is the new reporting date for EVERYBODY now, the registration window would be 15-7 days before the 31st for online registration, and 15 days before to 7 days after for in-person registration, and mail-in registration is 15 days before (with the registration day counting as one day).

So...why would anybody be trying to register any earlier.  It makes no sense.  Am I missing something?

I have tried every way going to do online ,never worked ,so have given up ,dont live far away from Jomtien ,have a car so get there in 10 mins ,less time than i have wasted online .

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 6:25 PM, ubonjoe said:

Ninety day reporting has not been required since April 7th. It is for all extensions of stay.

I have already skipped a report that was due last month.

i wish people  would READ all your valuable information on here Khun UBONJOE !!!!

Edited by essox essox
wrong spelling
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 8:14 PM, Psimbo said:

What a ridiculous over-generalization.  As you yourself have stated in the past each office does things its own way. What is better- to trickle through a quiet drive-thru as one has business in town or all flock there at the same time when an amnesty is lifted, wiping out social distancing? 

Overreact much?  Phuketimmigration.go.th specifically says not to submit 90 day extensions. Yet officers in Phuket are telling people to submit them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnynmonic said:

Overreact much?  Phuketimmigration.go.th specifically says not to submit 90 day extensions. Yet officers in Phuket are telling people to submit them.

Like all rules/laws in Thailand it's open to interpretation in that the enforcer has more than one choice. It makes life easier  for them.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Thinking the amnesty would expire at the end of July, I sent in a 90 day postal report on 23 June (yes, a bit late for the 14 day window, or is it 7 days, but hey) to Chaengwatthana office (we live in Bangkok) .. got back this today 2 July - 'Late - 29/5/20 - Please contact the officer by yourself'.  This seems to contradict the advice given before, if my last report was due 29 May then I was well within the amnesty window.

Am I right in thinking I should not have been required to submit a 90 day report?  Is the officer correct, perhaps things have changed?

90day.jpg

20 minutes ago, neek said:

Am I right in thinking I should not have been required to submit a 90 day report?  Is the officer correct, perhaps things have changed?

You were to late to do a 90 day report by mail. You have to mail them within 15 to 7 days before the report date.

Just skip doing it now and wait for the announcement as to when the next one will be due. Probably 90 days from when your report was due.

Thanks @ubonjoe - it seems you are right. We went to Chaengwatthana immigration last Friday to submit the form in person, the officer said that the amnesty only applies to short term visa holders.  My 1 year Non-O visa is not exempt from the amnesty and I still have to do 90 day reporting, nothing has changed for my reporting requirements during the pandemic.  One bit of good news is they don't seem to be issueing fines for late submission, so he stamped it quickly and I walked away.

This rather goes against the wording I've read elsewhere e.g. at <removed link> The extension covers foreigners holding all types of non-immigrant visas, including visas on arrival, visa-free arrivals and border passes, according to the Royal Gazette. " - mine is a non-immigrant visa.

Also on that page is the blue graphic which states "aliens to temporarily stay in Thailand", which I would assume means anyone who doesn't have some permanent residency status - but I guess that would mean any mention of visas and 90 day reports is completely irrelevant anyway.  So, the 'temporarily' bit in that statement means 'people on short stay 30 day or similar visas'.

We asked a Thai friend who works in the complex (not in the immigration office, one of the other offices) to go and ask at the immigration counter a couple of months ago, with a photo of my visa, and she was told to her face that I would not need to extend my visa or do 90 day reporting.  I went to renew my visa in May when it was about to expire anyway, just to beat the queues come July 1, and now and damn glad I did ????

Ho hum, another wonderful day in LOS ????

Edited by ubonjoe
removed link to Bangkok Post (forum rule)

13 minutes ago, neek said:

This rather goes against the wording I've read elsewhere

It applies to everybody that is on a temporary permit to stay. The officer did know what he was talking about.

It clearly stated in the ministerial notice issued on April 7th  and it was extended to July 31st on the 26th April.